This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ford man View Post
    Fuck that... just because this car is beyond your skill level dosen't mean you should crush it. If you can't handle fixing it, sell it as a project. That coupe looks straight, solid and original. To you it's problems may seem astronomical but there are people out there that could fix all it's problems in short order.

I don't really car about a Tercel. Obviously it's going to be more economical on a pizza route. Sounds like you really wanted a Tercel in the first place for all its economy and practicality.

You're really beating a dead horse with all the comments about what the previous owner did. We get it; you think Matt didn't do a good job with it. Why don't you move on and leave Matt out of it. I'm sure he sold it to you cheap enough. I don't even know Matt so it's more of a matter of reading over all the cheap shots in your thread that makes me think your attitude stinks.
    I agree with ya! I think his "heart" got ahead of his "head" but 18 degree weather tends to dissolve any "sentimental value" he had for the car. Once you're turned off mentally to a car it is time to move it. Somebody can fix it but is really isn't a project for him. I wouldn't want to sell it to someone unless I knew a) They REALLY know what they are doing and b) They are aware of all it's "special qualities". I'm sure we'll get updates on this saga....

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

You bought a car with needs. You aren't willing or can't fix it. Time to move on. Ranting about it (and the previous owner, a member here) isn't solving shit.
      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
      Past Panthers
      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

That's exactly what happened; I was thinking with my heart, not my head.

Everything with the Tercel matches what my head is thinking. My heart thinks the car is slow and kind of sucks, but my head knows it will be MUCH more affordable - and within my skill level to fix if anything DOES go wrong - in the long run.
        1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Drifter View Post
          That's exactly what happened; I was thinking with my heart, not my head.

Everything with the Tercel matches what my head is thinking. My heart thinks the car is slow and kind of sucks, but my head knows it will be MUCH more affordable - and within my skill level to fix if anything DOES go wrong - in the long run.
          I may bleed "Ford Blue" but still realize you need to get what works best for you. NOW you're thinking.....never be ashamed of making a mistake, we all have. Only be ashamed of not correcting it!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

don't crush her just because you can't fix her.
            1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
            1994 MGM GS Montigua
            2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
            2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by rick99601 View Post
              +1

sell her off to the next guy that'll try to fix it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by rick99601 View Post

i agree dont even think of crushing that car. that car has value and i know if you dont want it someone else here will glady take it. why crush it. they only made 10,000 2 doors for 1983 and that one is number 675000 making it the 75 merc grand marquis produced i believe. i will never forgive you if you decide to crush it. i ant to see it go to another member online here if you cant fix it so i know it gets treated right. i know i did a lot of mods to it but i have decided to not mess around like that again to my lincoln. i am keeping the lincoln mostly stock besides the motor. im not putting aftermarket digital gauges in my car or painting the new motor yellow it's gonna be blue. i learned my lesson of bad taste with modding the merc i dont want to do it again with my lincoln. trying to keep my lincoln near stock with only modifying the motor only. no fancy dohicky'[s goin in the interior no odd colored lights. Do not crush that merc.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Well, if someone wants it, first $400 takes it. Me and my fiancee are both hurting for cash so she can finally start working. Right now I'm only choosing the most financially rewarding route. Honestly, the car really is mechanically in good shape, save for the engine which does run but I don't trust it since occasionally the head gets oil starved and it sounds like it's about to blow up.

But I really, really need some cash, and fast.

$400 would be a LOSS since the local wrecker quoted me at $475 for the shell but I know someone who actually can figure a way around a car's wiring would have a nice car. Either way, I have no more attachment to or desire to keep this vehicle. I guess it just takes one awful experience to do that to me. Kind of like being stabbed in the back by a girlfriend, if that makes sense.
                  Last edited by Midnight Drifter; 01-08-2012, 09:00 PM.

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

What does the reinforcement box on the rear bumper look like? You may or may not have piqued my attention, sir.
                    1984 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (Daily Driver)
                    1979 Ford LTD-S (Project)

Comment

Originally posted by flyb0t View Post
                      What does the reinforcement box on the rear bumper look like? You may or may not have piqued my attention, sir.
                      rot free and it's solid when it left my hands.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                      1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

As Marr said. Aside from the frame rot, the heater core, the bastard wiring and the engine that's been ran out of oil too many times for my comfort, the rest of this car is MINT.

It's got junk tires on it now. They hold air, but they... they're Federal tires. They suck.

Comment

This car could be something in the hands of a CAPABLE owner. Most of it is good, honestly. Perhaps it's fate that caused me to set my alarm accidentally to PM, sleep through what WAS going to be the Mercury's funeral precession, and have to go to work instead.

Comment

The whore is getting passed around again huh? Well. If I had the money on me I'd have a red 2 door grand marquis in my backyard right now. If you can hold on to the car for another few weeks, I might buy it. Oh btw, Pepboys alternators are hit or miss in terms of quality and longevity. That's what the techs at my pepboys have told me, and I'm inclined to believe them, with all the cars coming back with defective alternators.

Comment

Save my car john. i really would love to see it in your possesion since you did a lot of work to it. save your money it will be worth it. read the pm i sent you on facebook also.
                              Last edited by MattsLincoln; 01-15-2012, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Well, the price of scrap is quite low right now, so your car is safe, Matt.

It's either gonna go to that guy in Cory, PA or to John.

I know this car has potential, but I'm not talented or skilled enough to take on its electrical demons.

Comment

Working...
                                X