Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTB: Lincoln Driver's Door Power Lock/Window Switch Assy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: Lincoln Driver's Door Power Lock/Window Switch Assy.

Hey all, I had a problem with the power lock switch on my 88 Town Car (driver's door). It would lock the doors every time without fail but wouldn't unlock them. Anyway, I tried to see if the power lock switch from an 88 MGM would work...and no, one of the few parts other than body parts that are different. So, anyone have a spare driver door power window/lock assembly to spare? PM if you have one you are wiling to part with.
    Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
    Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

It's the same as a rear power window switch. Those switches are not Town Car specific. Save for the seat controls in the armrests...

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
      It's the same as a rear power window switch. Those switches are not Town Car specific. Save for the seat controls in the armrests...
      Is that right? I guess I'll have to go on the hunt for the elusive rear power window switch then. Thanks

I am still willing to buy the full driver door control module with all the switches into it if anyone has one for sale!
      Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
      Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I got a new full master control switch unit today and the locks are still doing the same thing. Any ideas what could be causing that? They will lock OK but won't unlock from the driver's door only. Passenger door switch is fine.

Comment

Either another bad switch or a short somewhere between the drivers switch and the unlock relay. You can check it out with a multimeter.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

I'm betting broken wire/bad connector/corrosion.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

It could be the other lock switch. I've seen it where it will work from one switch and not the other, and the 'working switch' was the cause of the problem.

Comment

I have power to both wires at the unlock relay, and at the switch in the driver's door (pink and light green wire). I put the switch together, kept the test light on it and when I hit the switch the light comes on but still power locks still no worky...

Comment

So I found the problem today...turns out the pink and light green wire from the switch to the unlock relay was broken in the rubber tube that goes from the driver's door to the door post. Never had that problem before. Looks like all the rest of the wires are in good shape so hopefully this is it after two years and three different switch units! Yay!

Comment

Working...
                  X