The MegaMerc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
    Always feels like a sad day when the mags come off & snows go on...
    'Bout to mount the snows on the '04 LX and put the turbines back on the wagon so it can go into storage. Still need to get some 18" storage rollers for the Marauder, too...can't put 16s on now that I've done the big brake upgrade.
    '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
    formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

I make the change over the first couple weeks of November. I know how you feel.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I have much to do before it gets cold & work sched is unpredictable so I did it early.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Snow? I wish.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Attempted to install the trans from the Blues Bison. Took way longer than the swap in Blue. Couldn't get the roll pin out to swap the shift lever (87 to 91).
            We tried to install with 87 lever, no go, not even close geometry is way off.
            Ended up taking it to my machinist, he had it back next day. Car has been sitting at my buddy's for like a week. Hope to get back on it soon.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Trannys been back in for a week or two not running right, I think I have to pull & clean the valvebody.

Comment

Found a goodly vacuum leak. The vapor recovery lines crumbled into dust when I touched them.

Comment

Long past due update...
                  Cleaned the valve body, no help.
                  Replaced crumbly vac hose.
                  Car sat for a couple weeks had to move it for street sweeping, turn key, NOTHING!. Tried booster pak, the thing overheated, bat was good. Rapped the fender relay, oops they are plastic now, cracked it, but... now it goes thunk. reached under & whacked the starter a few times & it started, had to move it again for sweeping, this time had to jack it up, a light tap would not do it, beat on starter, started, moved to other side of street. Tried to move it today to replace starter, thunk beat on it some more, got it around back, swapped starter for a known good one, wont start, found an ancient fender relay in the parts stash, the studs are oriented differently, will get a correct one.

I think I will swap the shift governor from the old trans to this one, hopefully that will get it running, I miss driving it.

Comment

whats it doing exactly? When the governor on the Conti got jammed up it would wind first way out, bang into second, and then refuse to drop back to first when I came to a stop. Took it apart, flushed it out, and its been shifting fine since.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

IIRC, it never leaves first, I have not driven since 6-22 other than around the block. I do need to get it running soon.

Comment

that could be a stuck governor. If the piston is jammed "in" the trans will think it never gets going fast enough to upshift. its all a magic balance of TV pressure and governor movement to control it.
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I had a similar issue once before so I hope that is all it is.
                          Pulled the gov from the other trans today. Hope to get time to swap it this week.

Comment

Started to pull the intake due to a coolant leak yesterday. Ran out of time.
                            Removed the lower today, all bolts came out easily EXECPT for one...

Of course it broke. Boo...
                            Luckily it left a stub. Yay!
                            It laughed at the Vicegrips. Boo...
                            Leveled it with a file, got a punch right in the center. Yay!
                            Started to slowly drill using cutting oil, went in nice & straight. Till it broke. Boo...
                            Trying to drill the drill bit. Boo...
                            Now out of discretionary time again. Boo...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210926_143342.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	1289667

Name:	20210926_143351.jpg
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	1289668

Name:	20210926_160625.jpg
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	1289669

Name:	20210926_160631.jpg
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	1289670

Comment

If you can't shatter the bit by whacking it with a punch, heat it until it glows red then slowly back the heat away. That will take the temper out and it will just be soft steel at that point.

Comment

Sucks. Those in the front seems to always break in the junkyard on me.
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X