• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flapper.

Before.

After.

Attached Files

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Looks good, I can see those pictures but still nothing but broken picture symbols on the first post (regardless of the device or browser).
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
        Looks good, I can see those pictures but still nothing but broken picture symbols on the first post (regardless of the device or browser).
        That's ok, same pics just reposted.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

I dealt with what look like water spots all last summer, clean the wheels they go away but come back later.

Tried different cleaners, "spot free" spray @ the car wash, nothing works.

Since they were already dismounted, I polished them w/meguiars polish, looked great. For a few days. Most spots are back. Tried a "medium" polish w/a harder cone.
          No help.
          I wonder if it is a problem w/the clear coat?
          I'm done messing with them, going to give them a coat of wax & forget about it for a while, too much time invested & too many other things await.

Comment

I hate my car!

Comment

Well not really, but I am not happy with it right now... Part way home from ScottFest I felt alot of slop in the drivetrain under low/no throttle. Took a quick look last weekend, Lugnuts tight, u joints good, pinion does not move. got pissed & hit the pinion nut w/the impact (I knew it was the wrong thing to do but did it anyway, it had been a bitch of a week).
              Wondering about maybe a broken shim or something.
              Started dissassembly after work today, drained, jacked up, rmv'd wheels, fought cover off, removed retainer bolt from centerpin, fell into the pan, uggah, wait, I thought they were longer than this? UGGGAAAHHHH. IT FREAKIN BROKE OFF IN THE PIN. Wife called me for dinner it is sitting on stands in the alley mocking me....

Comment

The cross pin retainer bolt? Yeah they break off right under the head once in a while. Really a pain in the neck when that happens. If you can't get it out, basically you need a whole rear.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ugh! That sucks! hopefully you can get it out
                  -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

I think that bolt may be hardened. Taking a file to the broken part will tell you. If it files its soft, if it skates its hard.

If you can get an oxy acetylene torch in there with a small tip you might be able to anneal the thing to allow it to be drilled. The hope is that you can get it to break loose with a left hand bit or an ez-out or something. Its not like its rusted in there, so hopefully if you can get it to turn a little bit it'll spin right out.
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I get off work @ 3, hopefulky be under the car by 4... don't have oxy, I wonder if mapp gas will do? How to heat bolt w/o affecting the cross pin?

Comment

you may not be able to, but if you can get the bolt out, the pin will come out too. The pin is larger so it will need a lot more heat.

I kinda doubt mapp will do it. If that bolt is hard, you'd need to get it red hot to anneal it. The file will tell you, it may not be hard. I don't honestly know.

quick look around finds this extractor tool. Its just a drill bit, so its probably not hard. If you've got a drill press you can make the drill guide yourself without much fuss. At that point its just a drill bit and an ez-out. Allen bolts are hard, so I'd probably cheat and use a regular hex bolt as the guide.

https://www.justdifferentials.com/TL...p/tlsbcsbr.htm

you can probably get by without the really long drill bit, but a standard length one may be on the short side.
                        Last edited by gadget73; 08-26-2017, 09:29 AM.

Comment

That's funny, I just got on here to ask if anyone knew anything about this. https://www.justdifferentials.com/TL...p/tlsbcsbr.htm when I found your post....
                          There are about 2 threads left in diff. I think this may be my only way out...

Comment

Tried to get it to turn with a pick and an awl no dice. Ordered a kit off of Amazone 31.95 w/free 2 day shipping.

Comment

Hopefully that works for you! What a pain..
                              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Free 2 day shipping from Sat evening appsrently means thst it will be here WEDNESDAY, I needed it for Tue when I am off 2nd job in evening....

Comment

Working...
                                X