Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My $600 1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series(Beverely)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My $600 1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series(Beverely)

well today i picked up a signature series town car 1989. car needs work but runs good and is rot free not a single rot hole on the frame. has 114,000 and is titanium clearcoat metallic paint. got it for $600 so i cant complain the car is loaded with every option available for 1989 except for a sunroof and a trailer tow package. has a 3.27 rear have to find out if it's track lok after i fixed the kinked brake line.

so heres the bad stuff with the car that i will have to fix eventually.

Windshield is cracked and will be replaced.

drivers door panel is ripped like usual.

the driver side window goes down a certain way and starts making a grinding noise and doesnt finish going down unless i ease it down. does the same going up. 86VickyLX said its the bushings in the motor.

clearcoat and paint is shot for most of the part(on the roof and trunk and the upper part of the sides) so the car is gonna get repainted looks like crap right now.

trim piece inside the car that goes around the opera windows is not staying on.

driver side leather seat has 2 rips in it and the owner put duct tape over it so i have to find a mint driver side seat.

dashpad is cracked.

vinyl top is faded but only has one small crack in it and it's not very big.

passenger brake line is kinked and needs to be fixed asap.

the ignition switch sticks sometimes in the cranking position so it needs to be replaced.

exhuast has a leak so that will be also be replaced.

thats all i can think of.

the good stuff

has a rot free frame not a single hole of rot i found. has 2 rusty spots on the frame so the frame will be getting por 15'd so it does not rot.

motor runs great and has 114,000 on it and no oil leaks except for one around the drain plug so i think i need to replace the drain plug.

so this will get the treatment it deserves. enough of my ranting here's pics

i really love this car and hope to restore it to showroom condition.

Car came from Binghamton NY.

originally was from Missouri.

Tommorow i am cleaning the car inside and out.
    Last edited by MattsLincoln; 10-21-2011, 08:10 PM.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Did you literally hand him the same 600 I handed you?

In all seriousness, that TC looks SWEET! I love the Lincoln emblems between the headlights. I've never seen that touch before.

Good luck with her! Hopefully I can swing on by for a dual-Panther photoshoot in the spring.
    1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

I have the Lincoln wire wheels (with caps) just like yours if you need replacements. 2 are good... 2 need to be re-rounded (bent) (buy a bent wheel for $5 + S&H and get good spokes/center cap)

or come visit and hand me a fiver

looks good (other than that f'n dent in the roof).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
        I have the Lincoln wire wheels (with caps) just like yours if you need replacements. 2 are good... 2 need to be re-rounded (bent) (buy a bent wheel for $5 + S&H and get good spokes/center cap)

or come visit and hand me a fiver

looks good (other than that f'n dent in the roof).
        yeah auto body will fix the dents and have it repainted. i am wanting the center caps for the wheels wheels are in good shape just need to be cleaned. that dent in the roof is the same size as the dent that was in the mercs roof from an icicle.

yep i literally handed him 6 100's and he took it.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
        1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

I'm just noting that the wheels I have don't have any corrosion on them and the spoke backing is still black all the way.

shipping would kinda be a bit much from here though (probably about $30/wheel)

I'd rather not separate the caps from the wheels if I don't have to.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
            I'm just noting that the wheels I have don't have any corrosion on them and the spoke backing is still black all the way.

shipping would kinda be a bit much from here though (probably about $30/wheel)

I'd rather not separate the caps from the wheels if I don't have to.
            yeah i only need the caps the wheels are corroded and just need a good cleaning.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
              yep i literally handed him 6 100's and he took it.
              I told you money does the talking...... just the other night you were unsure he would take 700.

Nice project you got there, good luck with it. I love 88/89 TCs!
              2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
              2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
              Past Panthers
              1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
              if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                I told you money does the talking...... just the other night you were unsure he would take 700.

Nice project you got there, good luck with it. I love 88/89 TCs!

thanks i really love the car and hope it with me for the rest of my life. if you guys come across good light grey interior i need parts so please pm me the driver seat is the big concern of interior parts. i drove the car home and man those signature seats are so ass friendly much comfier than my merc.

Comment

Fix that brake line it's all over!!!!

Comment

cool car, man.

Put it in neutral, chock the front wheels, jack the rear up safely (ie: stands) and spin the driveshaft by hand. You'll know if it's an open or LS diff.

Does it have a tag on the differential itself or is the sticker on the drivers door jamb still there? If so, the code under AX will tell you as well. Won't need to do any work for that one
                    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                      Fix that brake line it's all over!!!!
                      thats tommorows project. the dent in the roof is becuase a tree branch fell on it. it's fixable though.
                      Last edited by MattsLincoln; 10-21-2011, 09:24 PM.

Comment

get the frame rust before it gets you!
                        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

There are some nice signature TC seats in Shorty's near john and I, actually the interior as a whole was in great shape, same color. You may want to look into that.

Nice buy, can't beat a $600 TC!
                          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Sure you can, it's called a $300 Town Car.

...sadly, that was before the Clunkers program, long before, back when gas was cheap and everybody was driving SUV's... in '02 and '03.
                            1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

Nice TC matt i really like the color and i love the digidash. Thats the only reason i havent bought a TC to go with my merc yet is cuz i cant find a decent one for a good price that has one around here.
                              2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

Working...
                              X