Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My $600 1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series(Beverely)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. You can replace the gear easily if that is what is broken. The gear I have in mind that may of cracked is the one you remove to put the nuts in.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

yeah... the plastic gear probably ate it. I had one break after dropping in bearings on the vic and had to replace it... but I haven't had any issues since.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Window motor all fixed and operating like it should. The fix was when i bought the tc
        i replaced the motor with a new dorman one(never buy them there junk found out the hard way) the dorman motor uses a skinny gear compared to the motorcraft one i got out of my donor 88 TC At the junkyard so initially the gear on the dorman one stripped off the spacer base it was put in and was loose as a goose so swapped motors with the good old motorcraft one cleaned out the nylon bushing in that motorcraft one since they were broken into pieces put the nuts in it and it works perfectly now . Screw dorman window motors there junk i will NEVER buy another one.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
        -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
        1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

I have a problem mangs. When i drive my town car with a cold engine after its been sitting awhile i go to give it little gas it bogs and want to stall out unless i give it full throttle. When the engine is warm it does it slightly but not as bad when the motor isnt at operating temp yet. What is the problem since it actually stalled today when i gave it gas?. Does it under light to moderate throttle at wide open throttle it bogs a little then revs like normal wide open throttle. I was thinking it might be my fuel pump is starting to die. It has new wires and plugs and fuel filter that was put in last year ago. It has new o2 sensors that i put in when i did the exhaust this year. What would cause this ?.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
          1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Engine coolant temp sensor (the two-pin one), air charge temp sensor, TPS. ECT and ACT can both be tested with an ohmmeter.

ECT testing info:
            http://www.oldfuelinjection.com/index.php?p=28

ACT testing info:
            http://www.oldfuelinjection.com/index.php?p=29

Backprobe the green wire on the TPS to test it... preferably with an analog volt meter (needle type) so you can see any sudden jumps that would indicate dead spots.
            http://www.oldfuelinjection.com/index.php?p=30

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Never replaced the tps with a brand spanking new one or the air charge temp sensor. I did change the ect sensor with a brand new one couple years ago

Comment

Hey, check your p.m.
                87' Lincoln Town Car Stars + Stripes. Explorer GT40P, Anderson B31 Cam, Shorty Headers, FRPP 1.6 Rockers, A9L, Sn95 T5 Trans, 3:55 Limited Slip, GNX Rear Springs, LSC Turbines, 1.5 wheelspacers, Full Custom Dual 2.5/Flowmasters, 00 P71 Airtube, 19lb calibrated Maf, Summit Alum Radiator, King Cobra Clutch, Short throw Shfter, Energy Susp Trans Mount,
                Mods to come: Big Brake/Poly Front Swap, PI Front Swaybar, Addco 650 Rear Swaybar, Boxed Upper Rear Control Arms, 351/Alum Heads, FRPP Valve Covers,

Comment

So i ran codes today and i think i found the code that relates to my hesitations issue im having. A code 23 TPS signal out of range so does this mean i need to replace the TPS ?

Comment

back probe the green wire and see if it has a dead spot somewhere. (key on, analog meter... should sweep smoothly with positive probe on green and negative probe on a ground point.)

if the needle jumps and you know you've got good contact with the probes, then yes. If the TPS tests good, check the connectors/wiring for issues back to the ECM. Might be the "salt and pepper shakers" under the brake master cylinder having contact issues.

Comment

Working...
                    X