Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My $600 1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series(Beverely)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
    Nice buy, can't beat a $600 TC!
    An inherited TC wins more.
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

this car hauls ass more than the merc too. it's quite peppy. love sefi so much better than cfi.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
      -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
      1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

I happen to know a guy who will sell you a complete set of nice grey velour Signature seats if you're interested.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          I happen to know a guy who will sell you a complete set of nice grey velour Signature seats if you're interested.

im not interested, need the driver seat and want leather not velour.. the passenger seat is mint still.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
          1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

I strongly recommend checkin that TC out, the seats are "leather" like yours, shorty's is cheap too!
            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Awesome buy, it looks great. Those "Lincoln" mud flaps are cool.
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis GS- "Sarah" 122k miles

1975 Lincoln Continental Mark IV- 275k? miles

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                I strongly recommend checkin that TC out, the seats are "leather" like yours, shorty's is cheap too!
                i will asap got to get the brake line fixed at shop becuase the fittings are rusty. the car was neglected as i needed to take off the wheel to check where the leak was and omfg what motherfucker tightened those wheels should be fired from his job. they had to have torqued the wheels down with a air gun that was close to 200 ft lbs maybe even more i couldnt get a single lug nut off so i borrowed my neighbors air gun and was barely able to get them off one lug nut was rounded off so i had to drill the lug nut off. after all the lugs were off the wheel would still not come off so we finally pryed it off. the aluminum wheel actually welded itself to the rotor holy shit. so i replaced those lug nuts with brand new ones. i go to do the other lugs on the other wheels and they torqued even more so they wouldnt budge. so i am gonna have a repair shop get them off and replace the other lugs cause my little 150psi air compressor wont do the job.

on the other side i was productive. i had a belt sequel when i got the car so i tightened the alternator belt and fired her up and boom half of the alternator belt ripped as i gave it gas so i put 2 new belts on and she is nice and quiet now the power steering pump is a little noisy but i can live with that.

tommorow after work she will be getting her oil changed and a new oil filter.

i will keep updating the progress of her as i do stuff.

Comment

Did you fix the brake line? Oh and antiseize will keep the wheel from corroding to the rotor.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                    Did you fix the brake line? Oh and antiseize will keep the wheel from corroding to the rotor.
                    no brake line is getting fixed at shop scheduling the appointment tomorrow. should be fixed by next week at shop.

Comment

As for the lug nuts, you may have better luck with a breaker bar with a pipe for extra leverage.
                      Also working the lugnuts back and forth with the impact gun will most likely break them free too.
                      Fix the brake line!!

Comment

pour a cap full of atf on each lugnut and leave it sit for the night. that shit is magic. when the wheel is still stuck with the lugnuts removed, hit it from behind (ON THE TIRE) with a BFH
                        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

You're paying someone else to replace a brake line for you?
                          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                            You're paying someone else to replace a brake line for you?

no my shop teacher from tech is doing it. he isnt charging me cause i was a student in his class when i was in tech.

Comment

so i found out an issue i have with the high beams. this town car is equipped with autolamps and the headlight dimmer thing on the rear view mirror. when hitting the high beam switch the high beams come on for a moment when the multifunction switch is held in when releasing it the high beams shut off. whats the problem, the headlight switch, the headlight dimmer thing on the mirror, or the multifunction switch.

also gonna get a video of the car starting up.

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                                An inherited TC wins more.
                                quoted for truth !!!!! lol

I have a set of centercaps you can have for free if you PM me your shipping info , I replaced my spoked wheels with turbines and I still have the caps , I think one is cracked , but it will be better than none .

Where is the dial at when you are trying to use your high beams , the sensitivity for the auto dim is adjusted with the right hand dial on the headlight switch
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by hypostang; 10-23-2011, 06:50 PM. Reason: added pic
                                sigpic

1988 Signature Series Town Car

Comment

Working...
                                X