Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My $600 1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series(Beverely)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interesting! Linky??
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
      interesting! Linky??

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=978389

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
      -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
      1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Looks like a reverse-rotation pump, at least at a glance ....
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

did some more work today. got the old timing chain off it had a decent amount of slop in it. slapped the new chain on and will start to reassemble everything tommorow after cleaning the surface of old gasket stuff. i also found out my thermostat is odd looking never saw one like this it has a cap like thing on it.

pics

Last edited by MattsLincoln; 01-29-2012, 01:12 AM.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
          1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Hey matt I know this is a noobish ? but I never looked into it. What are those two lines running from the radiator back under the engine? Are they trans cooler lines? I was under the impressions that only the lincolns got a trans cooler and the vics got it if you had the HPP package. But my Merc has those same two lines and its not a tow package car so was a trans cooler standard on all panthers?
            2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

​

Comment

Originally posted by mercurygm88 View Post
              Hey matt I know this is a noobish ? but I never looked into it. What are those two lines running from the radiator back under the engine? Are they trans cooler lines? I was under the impressions that only the lincolns got a trans cooler and the vics got it if you had the HPP package. But my Merc has those same two lines and its not a tow package car so was a trans cooler standard on all panthers?
              those would be the trans cooler lines which is standard on all vics,gm, and tcs my old gm had the same kind.

89 has the newer style connectors on the ends then older models.

Comment

Originally posted by mercurygm88 View Post
                They all use a trans cooler inside the radiator. The towing and other packages got an additional external cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                  Looks like a reverse-rotation pump, at least at a glance ....
                  My two cents... I would pull the backing plate off this new pump and verify it's not a reverse rotation pump , the veins in the impeller should go in the same direction as what you are pulling off... better safe than sorry
                  sigpic

1988 Signature Series Town Car

Comment

Originally posted by hypostang View Post
                    My two cents... I would pull the backing plate off this new pump and verify it's not a reverse rotation pump , the veins in the impeller should go in the same direction as what you are pulling off... better safe than sorry
                    Just some random facts about reverse rotation pumps. The snout is lower than the one on the panther pump. If you set them side by side and they don't look the same, it won't fit. When I resealed the Thunderbird lopo for my car back in high school I found out the water pump pulley wouldn't fit with the thunderbird pump. It would hit the crank pulley. So there would be no physical way to get it all back together...

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                      Just some random facts about reverse rotation pumps. The snout is lower than the one on the panther pump. If you set them side by side and they don't look the same, it won't fit. When I resealed the Thunderbird lopo for my car back in high school I found out the water pump pulley wouldn't fit with the thunderbird pump. It would hit the crank pulley. So there would be no physical way to get it all back together...
                      Thank you . I did not know that

I've never actually owned a fox and a panther at the same time
                      sigpic

1988 Signature Series Town Car

Comment

getting the car back together now.

Comment

got a question i got a new fan clutch where does the little sleeve go that it comes with.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                            They all use a trans cooler inside the radiator. The towing and other packages got an additional external cooler.
                            unless its from florida, my linc has an external trans cooler. Non tow package.
                            89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Originally posted by MattsTownCarSS View Post
                              got a question i got a new fan clutch where does the little sleeve go that it comes with.
                              On the shaft of the waterpump. Where the fan clutch rides on...

Comment

well got it all back together today gonna let the ultra black rtv driy for 24 hours before adding coolant and cranking her over. heres pics.

NOTE: Smog pump delete belt is 56.5 inches long. also both my new fan clutch and water pump have lifetime warranties .

Comment

Working...
                                X