Forum software updated to VBulletin 4.1.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum software updated to VBulletin 4.1.7

another update. Y'all know the deal, let me know whats busted.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

The multiquote thing I just can't seem to get to work for me. It hasn't worked for me since the old version. 3.whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      looks good

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
      The multiquote thing I just can't seem to get to work for me. It hasn't worked for me since the old version. 3.whatever.
      use the default skin. that one works.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        Originally posted by slymer View Post
        looks good

use the default skin. that one works.
        Why yes, yes it does. However, I don't like it... It's weird compared to the Back 2 Basic one that I use.
        If it can work on one skin, it should work on all of them. That and I'm still seeing VisionMercury's grand marquis as the POTM (with the default skin)...

Comment

find out whoever coded the back2basic skin and make them update it. its written for 4.0.something and isn't 100% compatible with 4.1.x. We really need one theme that actually works properly so all the others can be deleted. It would make management vastly easier. I have no sense of style, so I can't make that call. I myself run a completely stock vb4 theme without any pictures anywhere. Its boring, but completely functional.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

New version seems to load faster overall, thats good.

Alex.

Comment

Supersimple uberbasic skin FTW! Easy to look at, easy to use, and eliminates unnecessary scrolling.

Only thing I've noticed is that the little browser-tab icon is now the Vbulletin "V" thingy instead of your GMN icon.
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

yeah I noticed that too. I'll have to look for the old icon file. Not sure where that got to.

Comment

Just found some of the neat options to disable stuff. Still can't find the old option to display pictures at a manageable size, so I checked the one not to display pictures at all.

Comment

yeah that add-on doesn't work in version 4.x. I rather miss that one myself.

Comment

Any way we could get the 'Last Visited <date & time>' back into the header? If you wait too long to continue reading and go into another subforum, you don't get the new posts icon, everything shows as read. And if you don't know when you last visited, you reread a lot of stuff. Now, while that is no big deal on the surface, on dial-up you tend to notice these sort of delays. =-)

ADVRider went with a new theme (definate v4.x feel to it) and it also disappeared, but if you went back to the original them (has the v3.x look), it shows up again. They're also running v4.something. So there's gotta be some easy to call it up. Why this isn't defaulted on anymore I dunno, but its annoying me enough to post about it. =-)

Alex.

Comment

I forgot to mention, I did find the option to switch the uploader dialog to the old style. I noticed a few people saying they weren't uploading things because they couldn't figure out how the uploader worked, might be handy for them to know they can switch back to the one that's easier to use.

Comment

Working...
                        X