I want a dash that looks like this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want a dash that looks like this!

And maybe a trunk that looks like this, too. From a '90 Bentley Turbo R on Hemmings: http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/...r/1327667.html

Square trunk space is more useful than trunk space with lots of dumb crevices. And those look like little tie down points - very handy.

That bit of console looks a lot like what a few of us have come up with on our own, only better. And that dash can't really be that hard to fabricate, once the weird curvy bits are in place.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 1987cp; 11-26-2011, 05:11 AM.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

the dashes in our cars are not far off, if you havent noticed? lol...and no comment on the trunk, mine has been good to me

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

You want a trunk like that? cut a piece of plywood and carpet it and put it in your trunk. You'll still have extra shelf space where the spare rests, that trunk is TINY. I'd rather have the extra deep well space to use as well!
      Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm bentley
        2002 Nissan Maxima 6spd 14.2@98mph "it may or may not be street legal"
        2009 Chevy HHR Panel - My office
        1988 Lincoln Town Car - The new love of my life

Comment

old bentley's are cheap. buy one.
          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Dear Panthers,
            One could glue a flitch of whatever fine wood to the panther dash and insert an improved instrument cluster. http://www.newvintageusa.com/

Donald

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
              You want a trunk like that? cut a piece of plywood and carpet it and put it in your trunk. You'll still have extra shelf space where the spare rests, that trunk is TINY. I'd rather have the extra deep well space to use as well!

Hehe ... I was reminded of the deep trunk's usefulness again yesterday when I bought a gas power washer, toted the box out to the car, and dropped it in the trunk and shut the lid.

Comment

Originally posted by dmccaig View Post
                Dear Panthers,
                One could glue a flitch of whatever fine wood to the panther dash and insert an improved instrument cluster. http://www.newvintageusa.com/

Donald
                That's the trouble, the stock Box Panther dash sucks. It's styled somewhat like that of a higher end vehicle, but ....

Comment

didn't someone here do the adding real wood veneer thing? Turbo?

And I love how deep the trunk is on these cars. I wish it had a pass-through... but this is a good consolation prize. A short person can sit up inside, and ride with their back resting against the front wall of the trunk. Not that I've ever forced a friend to try that....

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                  160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                  waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

I play hockey, so my trunk swallows the bag. And sticks.
                    -I've also fit a Mistubishi 2.0L ENGINE in the trunk of the first Tank.
                    -I've hauled AODE/4r70W's on 3 seperate occassions.
                    -All my bands gear.
                    -Or 2 kegs.

-ryan s.
                    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                    Originally posted by pantera77
                    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

I hauled a Healthrider 600 treadmill in the trunk of the 88 GM once. trunk worked like a giant wing that day. had great ass end traction (the 200 pounds of treadmill didn't hurt any either).

hauled all the camping gear, share foods (re: dr. pepper), and freebies and sale items up to scottfest in the 93. the back seat was used for actual luggage, pillows, a folding table, and travel food. The mazda 5 we went back to Texas is could barely hold all of that.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

back to dashes, my all-time favourite so far is the infiniti m35x: http://media.photobucket.com/image/m...le401/dash.jpg, http://automobilesdeluxe.tv/wp-conte...initi-dash.jpg

I also really like the ford flex, interior and exterior. Some nice style elements there.

no complaints about the bentley though! Real veneer rocks. Even if it does start splitting a little after a decade.

Comment

yeah the real wood veneer in my 95 eldorado was starting to split but my buddys 84 xj6 still looks new
                          2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

I also wouldnt mind a dash the dash from a 05 Rolls Royce Phantom.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7718422_59.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	1268134
                            2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

that wood is too light. thats why i dont like caddy dashes lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
                              X