Marauder Imposter ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marauder Imposter ?

Hey, I have a 98GM and this is probably the last thing Marauder owners will have any interest about. Will the sheet metal body parts line up as front bumper grill and headlights ? Yes, I'm on the edge of possibly building a Marauder Imposter. The few differences would be the Modular engine and the color which is Dark Green with an imaculate tan leather interior. Anyway here is the car currently and any advice would be nice. Thanks, D

It's your car so do as you please, but if it were mine I would lose a lot of the chrome and change the wheels to something with a less slender spoke.

Comment

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...gablilty-guide
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

step one, as far as simple things: lower it, especially in the front.

And yeah if you want more Marauderish, you need to lose the chrome around the doors as a starting point.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Thanks... I'm going for the whole Pinata ! So of course that would be a lower and Marauder wheel change. This is the current look, so it would include removal of all the body chrome to include the change of front and rear bumpers. I am talking about a complete exterior overhaul except color. This will be down to exhaust and possibly even the bench seat and anything in the cosmetic area. This is why I'm looking to change.

Comment

Marauder Clone

My opinion:
            -Lose the chrome
            -Lower the car
            -Tint the tail lights

As for the Marauder front end;
            -You need a different header panel to match the grill, headlights, and bumper cover.
            -Also need new fenders. The 98 will not accept the 03+ side markers.

Good luck finding all the parts. There are not many Marauder front end pieces left. And they are not cheap.
            I don't want to discourage you, but I just want to let you know before you get ahead of yourself.

And if you want to start swapping interior parts, you may be better off saving your money and just buying a real one. It may save you $$ in the long run.
            Just saying.

-ryan s.
            08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
            94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
            73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
            12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
            Originally posted by pantera77
            Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Keep it green
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Thanks... Green $$$ ! I have been looking and have located all parts for the exterior except the rear bumper. Front bumper $489 ! It will lose all of the chrome... and would continue as a stock interior and drive train for now. Like stated it has only 67k, I have a few projects going right now but its really if I'm up to the task without taking away from my Foxbody mods.

Comment

Thanks everyone for all of the input...I'm going to keep it simple lower it and wheels and exhaust. No Marauder want to be... So I can keep my 2 other toys alive !

1988 GT

1990 7Up

Comment

Working...
                  X