Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone into plastic or diecast car models ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone into plastic or diecast car models ?

I was just thinking that maybe there are some people here who build or collect plastic or diecast car models. By having a section for models, It might be a good source of finding parts, buying and selling kits, promos and maybe a "how to" section. Of course the focus would be on Fords Lincolns and Mercurys. I am looking for parts for two of my kits a 62 Mercury and a 63 Mercury. Both need hoods.

I build some, not as much as I used to , but I do collect 1/18 die casts.... here are a few of mine
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hypostang; 12-03-2011, 09:21 PM.
    sigpic

1988 Signature Series Town Car

Comment

Use to build plastic.. Just collect 1:18 when the moneys right.. most of my stuff is muscle cars, old drag cars, and trucks.. post some pics up latter

Comment

That room is awesome hypostang.. Love the mcqueen pic

Comment

Originally posted by chitownvic View Post
          That room is awesome hypostang.. Love the mcqueen pic
          Thanks mang !!
          sigpic

Comment

Nice model setup hypostang. I like the 57 or so Plymouth. Is that a Diecast? I still have the car models that I made when I was a kid 40+ years ago. I must say I have improved in model building skills. The early models were pretty bad.

Comment

nice setup hypostang i have the same plymouth fury model i love the movie christine ive been collecting diecast car models and model kits since i was 7 years old i have about 30 right now most are packed because i dont have extra room to put them out yet. i plan to get more eventually. pics soon.
              Last edited by MattsLincoln; 12-06-2011, 01:12 AM.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
              -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
              1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Welcome to my man cave. working on collecting automotive motif for my room as i love automobiles. You can tell that i am a diehard mustang guy. have a plastic model kit 2007 shelby gt500 i will build when i have the time sitting on the shelf. also like building engine kits gonna buy the ford 427 v8 kit soon. right now i have 1 built which is my 426 Ramcharger HEMI race motor.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

For some reason I have a soft spot for silver jade 69 Shelby Mustangs.
                  Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

I only posted pics of part of my collection , I actually have over 100 cars on display in my house ,I usually get at least one for Christmas ,
                    I also have some that I built that date back to high school in the 80's

Matt I love the wallpaper border in your room .
                    sigpic

Comment

i was wondering if somebody would notice that it's my favorite touch to my room.

Comment

whats cool about the walls in my room is there is NO wallpaper all that is painted on, down to the denim look on the wall and the stripe that has painted mustang horses running on it.

Comment

i need to take a pic of my collection of lincolns and crown vics lol.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Time to bust out the feather dusters!
                            '79 Continental Town Car
                            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

my car models

Here are a few pictures of my models both plastic and diecast.
                              Code:
                               The last picture are the models yet to be built.
                              This is the first time I have tried to download pictures...Hope it works
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X