• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well i got rid of my wifes Buick....

Ya the 2004 Buick is long gone..
    We traded it in for a 2012 Ford Escape XLT
    Its a blast to drive too....
    Has the 3.0 V-6 and it is loaded even has the Microsoft Sync too..
    Click image for larger version

Name:	downsized_1214111833.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	1298560Click image for larger version

Name:	downsized_1214111834.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	1298561

2001 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
    Ram AIR,NGK V-Power Plugs, K&N, 3.73 posi, sct tuner, J-Mod, 75 mm Throttle Body & Plenium, 80 mm maf, Mercury Marauder Airbox, Homemade air tube, BBK Shorty's, X-pipe, High Flow cats, 2.5 inch exhaust, dynotune by HUTTER PERFORMANCE 236RWHP / 277TQ

LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY AND IN A WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER, TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT, SHOUTING “HOLY SHIT....WHAT A RIDE!"

It has a what??? What's anything Microsoft doing on a car? :confused:
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

haha..nothing with the engine...

Ram AIR,NGK V-Power Plugs, K&N, 3.73 posi, sct tuner, J-Mod, 75 mm Throttle Body & Plenium, 80 mm maf, Mercury Marauder Airbox, Homemade air tube, BBK Shorty's, X-pipe, High Flow cats, 2.5 inch exhaust, dynotune by HUTTER PERFORMANCE 236RWHP / 277TQ

LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY AND IN A WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER, TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT, SHOUTING “HOLY SHIT....WHAT A RIDE!"

Comment

Oh, funky: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Sync

That must be the thingy I saw talked about on a Ford commercial a while back that said nothing at all about the car! I'm suspicious of sentient onboard computers, but hey, if you like it, carry on!

Comment

sync has been around for a few years now. i cant wait for when guys with the nav/sync systems, get the blue screen of death and other system/registry errors. lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

no i dont have the nav. system it just links our cell so we have hands free phone pretty cool.
            i dont need nav system anyways because i have a Garmin

Comment

Sync isn't that bad, it's MyTouch that sucks ass.

We sell a shit ton of Escapes, easily more than any other model (probably followed by F150's, then Fusion's), I personally like them. It will need stab links by 15K, and front brakes by 25K, possibly axle seals or PTU seals too, but other than that their pretty solid. Nice choice going with the v6, the 3.0 is leaps and bounds better than the 2.5.
              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

We made a run out to Missouri this past September and we rented a 2011 Escape with the V6 and Sync. I LOVED it personally, I have a thing for shiny new American cars to begin with haha but the interior was great. I loved the ambient lighting (have you used that yet, it lights up cupholders and footwells and you can change the colors) and the built in satellite radio. I drove it myself about 500+ miles and it was a great. Only annoyance was we had to fill up the gas quite a lot. Once we got to Missouri we also made a run to Amarillo Texas and back. All in all we put about 5,000 miles on it in a week and it did great, no issues. I'm considering getting one, or a new Focus, myself maybe this summer. Anyways, good choice and nice car
                Last edited by 87DeuceVic; 12-18-2011, 10:10 PM.
                -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

lol i didnt know you can can the colors of the lights. i have not had a chance to read the manual...

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                    Sync isn't that bad, it's MyTouch that sucks ass.

We sell a shit ton of Escapes, easily more than any other model (probably followed by F150's, then Fusion's), I personally like them. It will need stab links by 15K, and front brakes by 25K, possibly axle seals or PTU seals too, but other than that their pretty solid. Nice choice going with the v6, the 3.0 is leaps and bounds better than the 2.5.
                    well i have the warranty i will not worry about it..

Comment

Originally posted by BDWilliams View Post
                      lol i didnt know you can can the colors of the lights. i have not had a chance to read the manual...
                      Right next to the shifter, to the right IIRC, there is a button for the ambient lighting. Push it once to turn it on, and every time after that should change colors. Everything from blue to pink haha, I was changing it everyday
                      -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                      -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

pimp!
                        I like the lightup rocker panels some cars have/ can have; with the blue lettering

Comment

They're decent cars. Sync is handy for music and such too. It's nicely set up that you don't HAVE to use it, it's not like some of the systems where you have to use voice activation or a touch-screen to tune the radio or turn up the heat.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

^^^ That's good to hear. I despise the idea of having to use a dorky and cumbersome computer interface just to turn on the defroster.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                              ^^^ That's good to hear. I despise the idea of having to use a dorky and cumbersome computer interface just to turn on the defroster.
                              Ya, that's MyTouch.
                              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Working...
                              X