Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings Everyone! I need your wisdom- save me from myself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV Cable??

Hi,

I've been helping bob with his car since the person who was originally doing it couldn't continue finishing/figuring it out.
    I'm lost on what the transmission tv is? Is it like a kickdown cable? Also how should i hook/set it up on a 1406 model edlebrock carb?
    Is there a video or detailed instructions someone has a link to?

Thanks guys you have been really helpful on this car especially since i didnt know much about 80's fuel injection systems

Comment

Originally posted by tbirdpotter View Post
      Hi,

I've been helping bob with his car since the person who was originally doing it couldn't continue finishing/figuring it out.
      I'm lost on what the transmission tv is? Is it like a kickdown cable? Also how should i hook/set it up on a 1406 model edlebrock carb?
      Is there a video or detailed instructions someone has a link to?

Thanks guys you have been really helpful on this car especially since i didnt know much about 80's fuel injection systems
      The TV(throttle valve) pressure is controlled by what looks exactly like a kick down rod. But it's not a kickdown rod... Don't drive without the TV rod hooked up and functioning because you'll burn up the trans in a matter of minutes. It tells the transmission what the throttle input is and determines line pressure, shift points, downshifting etc. It's critical the AOD has this throttle imput in place.

Some people have used TV rods with aftermarket carbs but most go with an aftermarket TV cable kit. What the best option is?... Someone else will know better then me.

Comment

Working...
      X