Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stay loged in fo longer

Hi,

I'm new here. When I step away from the computer for a few min. I get logged off from this site. It happens quicker than any other site I use.

I guess my suggestion is to extend the automatic log off time. Maybe an hour, or at least one half hour.

Thanks for the consideration.

Jay
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

I guess no one gave a sh!t about this one, but I'll second it. Twice the current time would probably be good for me.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
    mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

Are you checking the remember me option? Mine never logs out at all lol.

1985 LTD Crown Vic, factory hard top, 302 soon to be gt40p headed (lightly ported & blended), summit brand stealth (port matched), stock cam, summit annular 600cfm VS, dual exhaust, 3.55 LSD, AOD, electric fan swap, tan interior.

Comment

I think I tried it before but it didn't seem to do anything. I've changed browsers since then, so I'll give it another go.

Edit: When I tried it before, I was hoping it would remember my username and password so after I logged out and wanted to log back in, the info would already be there and I could just press Login. But it didn't work like that. I just tried it now, and you can go to other sites and even close the browser but still be logged in when you come back here. But if you logout, you still have to enter your login information. On another site, I am able to login automatically even after I logout. Does being logged in all the time raise any internet security concerns?
        Last edited by IPreferDIY; 04-21-2016, 05:28 PM.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
        mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

I think we should double the mark as read time just for some of these folks that like to make long posts. I'll look into it if Thain doesn't beat me to it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I'm honestly not sure how to even change that.

As for the logged in thing, I think I've been logged in since I got this computer some months ago. If your browser auto clears cookies, it will log you out.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              I'm honestly not sure how to even change that.

As for the logged in thing, I think I've been logged in since I got this computer some months ago. If your browser auto clears cookies, it will log you out.
              Sounds right. The only time I have to log in again is after clearing my web history. After that I log in, check the "remember me" box, and I dont have to log in again until I clear my history again.
              Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
              Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Originally posted by IPreferDIY View Post
                I think I tried it before but it didn't seem to do anything. I've changed browsers since then, so I'll give it another go.

Edit: When I tried it before, I was hoping it would remember my username and password so after I logged out and wanted to log back in, the info would already be there and I could just press Login. But it didn't work like that. I just tried it now, and you can go to other sites and even close the browser but still be logged in when you come back here. But if you logout, you still have to enter your login information. On another site, I am able to login automatically even after I logout. Does being logged in all the time raise any internet security concerns?
                I think youll be fine, i dont think anyone could give two shits about what your username is for this forum. Also, if you have adequate firewalls and active anti virus software you'll be okay.

1985 LTD Crown Vic, factory hard top, 302 soon to be gt40p headed (lightly ported & blended), summit brand stealth (port matched), stock cam, summit annular 600cfm VS, dual exhaust, 3.55 LSD, AOD, electric fan swap, tan interior.

Comment

Any time you remember passwords its a potential issue. Mostly that issue being the ability for someone else that has access to your computer to get into your accounts. I have all my forum passwords remembered because at worst, someone will use my account to say stupid things on the internet. Not like I store my bank information or anything that could actually be a liability on a web forum. I don't have my logins for my credit card company, paypal, ebay, amazon, or anything else that could cost me money if someone got hold of my computer stored. I also don't have a file on my desktop listing all of my logins and passwords for everywhere like my mother insists on doing. Its even named "passwords and logins" so nobody could possibly figure out what it does.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                    . Its even named "passwords and logins" so nobody could possibly figure out what it does.
                    At least make it a PDF for her and put a password on it.
                    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                    Past Panthers
                    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

I have mine memorized, but until that point, I write them down and put them somewhere safe. I dont care if my wife or kd knows them, as I have basically nothing to hide.
                      Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
                      Bone stock... for now.

Comment

While I was in there, I changed the edit time to 1 hour from 30 minutes. I also changed the session timeout to 60 minutes instead of 15 minutes so that "unread threads" in the new posts search will stay unread for at least 60 minutes between active actions. So if you're making a lengthy post, your unread threads should remain unread in the search.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Comment

Thanks - I have the problem sometimes where I click "Forum Home" and I loose all the recently posted threadds - maybe what you did will fix it.
                            -Nick M.
                            Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
                            03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

It should fix that. It'll time out in 60 minutes instead of 15 now.

Comment

Working...
                              X