Strange wire CFI unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange wire CFI unit

Hey fellas! that loop at the wiring connection at the bottom of the cfi unit. you see that strange LOOP wire.

is that supposed to be there connecting into itself?

if so then why would it melt?

on my cfi unit i saw nothing but copper wires,. i just put electrical tape in the mean time.
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    67 Ltd tudor
    67 Ltd 4door
    85 Ltd 4door

Thats the hot feed to the other injector. There are 4 pins in that plug, two are +12v, the others are switched grounds to fire the injectors. THere are only 3 wires in the harness feeding it, so they simply jumper the hot over to the other terminal so both injectors work. If its actually melted, something likely shorted between the plug and the injector inside the CFI unit. If the insulation just crumbled off, it likely just got heat baked and failed over the years.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ive seen a couple CFI cars with the injector wires pinched real bad between the CFI unit and the air cleaner... check those out real good.
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
      X