For sale: My black '81 "tudor"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For sale: My black '81 "tudor"

Just wanted everyone to know that this is up for sale! I'd like to see $1000 for it, or PM me what it's worth to you as-is.

Pics: https://picasaweb.google.com/mcwest2...IfM2PTk9ovo_AE (it's, uh, the one with two doors)

The good:

- Rebuilt '87 roller 302, rebuilt E7 heads with fresh springs, Explorer cam, '84 Mustang intake, AFB, HEI
    - 11" brake swap
    - Adjustable brake valving (incl. metering block, residual valve from Speedway Motors)
    - '98 wheels with RS-A Plus tires
    - P72 swaybars!! (not installed)

- Body is probably 99% solid (itty bit of surface rust where the wheelwell brightwork was)
    - Good vinyl top
    - New (well, almost new) black carpet
    - Includes '95 Mustang seats

The bad:

- Cracked windshield
    - Rest of interior slightly rough
    - Started on removing stripes and touching up paint; will need completing
    - Ticking lifter (will include 8 brandy new lifters)
    - AOD included but not currently installed

The ugly:

- Rust hole in p/s framerail will need patching
    Last edited by 1987cp; 02-03-2012, 10:04 PM.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

to bad i live in souther ca. thats a nice looking car. good luck
    1984 mercury grand marquis ls rebuilt 306 flat top pistons with factory cfi and lincoln headers with single glasspack dual snorkle air cleaner. Gloss black paint with slick top coversion.
    1986 mercury grand marquis colony park 5.0 sefi dual exhuast thrush turbos with h pipe and turbines

Comment

Thanks! I think it's pretty neat, but right now I want to move out my collection and put our DDs in the garage.

Comment

Let me know when the 4 door is for sale LOL

Comment

Originally posted by chitownvic View Post
          Let me know when the 4 door is for sale LOL
          Actually, it's up for sale too. You want it? You can have it cheap!

If you know Epi/1987LTDmasta, tell him he needs another Panther in his life, too.

Comment

Oh really?? How cheap??

Comment

:bump: What'll it take to get YOU into this lovely bit of American automotive history?

Comment

Price reduced!

:bump:

Bump bump bump.

Let's axe the asking price a bit. Who's on it for $750? $750, anyone?

Is anyone slightly interested but doesn't want a car that isn't at least drivable as-is?
                Last edited by 1987cp; 02-18-2012, 10:25 PM.

Comment

I am very interested And I NEED a car that is drivable & reliable as is
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                    :bump:

Bump bump bump.

Let's axe the asking price a bit. Who's on it for $750? $750, anyone?

Is anyone slightly interested but doesn't want a car that isn't at least drivable as-is?
                    would you be willing to sell the bumper off of the two-door ltd? I am going to use it on a 1987 Mercury GM...do you know if that bumper is interchangeable?

Comment

Yes, Panther LTD and Marquis bumpers interchange - the only difference seems to be in the spacing of the rubber blocks to line up with the different-brand grilles (and of course, '79 and '80 holes are different widths for Ford and Mercury). I suspect same-style sedan rears through '87 are the same, but not 100% certain. Wagon rears are different, and '88-up bumpers are different, but I'm sure you know that already.

Um ... is it the front or rear you're interested in? I do have an extra front skin, so maybe I could be convinced to part with the Bondoed-and-rattlecanned '79 front skin, but I don't have any spares for the rear. Just FYI, the bumper paint has some crazing, and it chipped here and there, so it'll need attention to really look nice.

Believe it or not, nice '79 and '80 front bumper skins do come up on eBay from time to time. Last one I remember noticing was just $100 or so, and it was NOS, too! This is the only fully-slick rear skin I've seen, though.
                      Last edited by 1987cp; 04-13-2012, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Update: Have dragged this out of the garage and started working on it with the kids. They're suddenly all sorts of keen on it. So ... for the time being, anyway, this is no longer for sale!

Comment

LoL I just noticed the original post was from 2012. I was like, I want a two door, I'm in Michigan.. Why doesn't this link to the photos work??
                          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Wow! That puts things in perspective. I've seen enough posts from you when I've checked in, I hadn't realized you were newer than this thread!

Comment

Yep. Pretty much a life long panther fan, only I didn't officially get into the game until about 2013 or 2012, whenever the hell it was I bought my '85 LTD. Didn't have that long before I sold it to acquire my '88 LTC. I didn't join the forum until after that point. Just lurked in the shadows until then.
                              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
                              X