For sale: my black '87 P72!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For sale: my black '87 P72!

Yep, it's up for grabs. torquelover had expressed interest in getting it back, but he says that's most likely not happening, so I'm offering it on here. Looking to get about $1000, or PM me your best offer.

Good-looking pics here: https://picasaweb.google.com/mcwest2...IfM2PTk9ovo_AE (it's, uh, the one with four doors)

The good:

- P72 with HD frame, 700 lb/in front springs, P72 swaybars
    - Front suspension rebuilt in Dec. '09 with ES bushings, new or nearly-new balljoints, tie rods, idler arm
    - Very good dash pad
    - '98 wheels with Kumho ASX tires
    - Interior in very decent shape overall (will want new carpet, but it's not horrible)
    - Rebuilt '96 roller 302 with upgraded fuel system
    - Good AOD installed with TransGo HP parts, HIREV governor
    - Electric fan conversion with underhood fuse box
    - 3G alternator
    - Solid windshield (small stone chip on passenger side)
    - Aluminum driveshaft!

The bad:

- Leaky steering box
    - Needs rear brakes (would include usable pads and drums)
    - Wiring upgrades done by me.

The ugly:

- Exterior rust issues.

Useful extras that would/could be included:

- Rebuilt original 351W with E7 heads, Performer intake (needs lifters)
    - Rebuilt Trak-Lok carrier with extra clutches for 4-clutch setup
    - Good sedan rear door (one of the originals is thinking about rusting)
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Pm Sent

Comment

:bump: What'll it take to get YOU into this lovely bit of American automotive history?

Comment

Price reduced!

:bump:

Bump bump bump.

Let's axe the asking price a bit. Who's on it for $750? $750, anyone?

Anyone interested but has some reservations? What about using this for a parts car? Might be well worth your time to acquire this and swap the upgrades and fleet-package parts onto something that's not rusty!
        Last edited by 1987cp; 02-18-2012, 10:26 PM.

Comment

that would be me. but I'm sure the wife would veto it until she gets her jeep or we really NEED another vehicle.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I would love to have torquelover's old car, but I have no space nor do I have the time for another project. Sucks... really would like an '81-'87 Vic...

Comment

Yeap would love to have it too. the price is so dam good but I just got layed off couldnt have been more shity timing and plus I dont have a garage to put her in..

Comment

chitownvic - yeah, your situation definitely takes precedence over other stuff. Car garbage aside, I sure hope things improve for you!

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                that would be me. but I'm sure the wife would veto it until she gets her jeep or we really NEED another vehicle.
                Buy Vic, trade for Jeep, problem solved! ROFL

Comment

cept for the problem that the only good jeeps are used jeeps with the straight 6 4.0L and dealers want WAY too much for those and on the street, people generally want the money... not another car.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                    chitownvic - yeah, your situation definitely takes precedence over other stuff. Car garbage aside, I sure hope things improve for you!
                    Thanks man Im workin on it LOL

@Slymer- tell me about my Ma has a 96 with a 318 in it.. worst thing to work on.. pain in the nuts!

Comment

this still up for sale??? *hope hope hope*. i was in a roll over wreck in a '99 CV P.I. back in september with my (at the time) 3 yr old daughter and 3 yr old nephew. We all walked away from it. It made me really appreciate Ford and fall in love with CVs. My fiance is interested in it is why i ask if its still up for grabs.
                      1985 Mercury Grand Marquis "Shelley"

-- Donated and gone to auction

Comment

It is available.

Just a warning, I've concluded that I talked the car up a bit too much in the original post. I assumed any interest would come from people who'd been following what's been done with it in the past few years, and would understand that it really ought to get a frame-off restoration and will probably need a fair bit of work if it's to be registered other than as antique/classic in an area that has inspections of any sort.

You do understand that this car is a PROJECT, and should not be put into DD duty as-is?
                        Last edited by 1987cp; 03-31-2012, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Wouldn't take much to get into DD duty again, however.

Comment

Very true, and even for emissions I have a small stash of parts that could get it well on the way to compliance. I just don't need another string of people thinking it can go directly into the possession of a non-gearhead with zero wrenching and have everything be fine.

Hm .... come to think of it, how about going back to 351-2V mode? I've still got the original manifold from the old '79, and that wouldn't require buying an EGR spacer like the '84 Mustang manifold would ....
                            Last edited by 1987cp; 04-01-2012, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Personally that would be fine with me. Cant be too munch different than working on my GM. But i digress i hadnt seen where you were from and we wouldnt be able to go to michigan to pick her up. Yeah it would be registered as a classic car aand only driven/worked on on the weekends, but we just can,t get up there. Looks beautiful in the pics though! Wish i could have it.
                              1985 Mercury Grand Marquis "Shelley"

-- Donated and gone to auction

Comment

Working...
                              X