No announcement yet.

ScottFest 2012 Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaa! I'll never get the other tranny installed! I'll just have to thunk my way in

Pete
    Originally posted by gadget73
    For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
    1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
    1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

AODs are supposed to thunk. Its when they don't that you have to be scared.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

should I fly in to Philly Wednesday or Thursday? And the current flights I'm looking at have me landing just after 3pm or half past 5pm.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I was planning to head up Thursday after work. I get done at 4, and its about an hour from here to the Philly airport so I could pick you up if you had a ~5:30 landing, though I'm more likely to get there closer to 6 since I'll want to get a shower first.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

that wouldn't be an issue. I'd just play some games on my phone while I waited.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

cant wait!...everythings still a "go" here.....im thinkin if i bring food no one will complain?.....lol(i can bring soda...RC, 7up, Dr Pepper,...i got 80 hot dogs ,mustard,ketchup& coney sauce....)....that should take care of one meal for everyone.....if any one has a suggestion.....lemme know....i got time between now & then....(nothing that will spoil,or cant be frozen....I.E. ....the hot dogs r frozen right now,ill pack em fozen in ice in a cooler,remember im 300 miles away,and august is usually kinda warm/hot)...also if 80 hot dogs isnt enough lemme know(im also gonna get hot dog buns right before i leave so they will be fresh)

Comment

Originally posted by t65neon5 View Post
                cant wait!...everythings still a "go" here.....im thinkin if i bring food no one will complain?.....lol(i can bring soda...RC, 7up, Dr Pepper,...i got 80 hot dogs ,mustard,ketchup& coney sauce....)....that should take care of one meal for everyone.....if any one has a suggestion.....lemme know....i got time between now & then....(nothing that will spoil,or cant be frozen....I.E. ....the hot dogs r frozen right now,ill pack em fozen in ice in a cooler,remember im 300 miles away,and august is usually kinda warm/hot)...also if 80 hot dogs isnt enough lemme know(im also gonna get hot dog buns right before i leave so they will be fresh)
                I think your hot dogs will make it lol. I took a couple of lbs. of lunch meats and cheeses with me last year 415 miles give or take they made it there, all through the weekend, and everything that was left (not much btw) was still cold when I got home. I only got ice twice once when I left home and once again about halfway through the weekend. I just left the cooler in the trunk, now that I've fixed my driveability issues I kinda wish I had saved my vacation time so I could go again this year, but oh well theres always next year, and besides I have rust to fix.
                2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

​

Comment

Originally posted by mercurygm88 View Post
                  I think your hot dogs will make it lol. I took a couple of lbs. of lunch meats and cheeses with me last year 415 miles give or take they made it there, all through the weekend, and everything that was left (not much btw) was still cold when I got home. I only got ice twice once when I left home and once again about halfway through the weekend. I just left the cooler in the trunk, now that I've fixed my driveability issues I kinda wish I had saved my vacation time so I could go again this year, but oh well theres always next year, and besides I have rust to fix.
                  bummer you cant make it.......im gonna leave EARLY friday morn(im thinkin roughly 4am)....if you wanna go,im sure we could make some kind of arrangement(dont need any cash,more of a "logistics" kind of thing....like maybe you drive here,and ill take you the rest of the way there and back or something like that)....lemme know if i can help ok?

Comment

Originally posted by t65neon5 View Post
                    bummer you cant make it.......im gonna leave EARLY friday morn(im thinkin roughly 4am)....if you wanna go,im sure we could make some kind of arrangement(dont need any cash,more of a "logistics" kind of thing....like maybe you drive here,and ill take you the rest of the way there and back or something like that)....lemme know if i can help ok?
                    That would work but I'm out of vacation time until january 1st I'll make it again one of these years. If only we had enough ohio people to come up with a meet here somewhere.
                    2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

​

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                      Oh god, Matt drunk? This isn't going to end well...
                      sure it will he gets drunk passes out its all good feed him a pot of coffee hell learn lolz
                      89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

ya...im thinkin maybe next spring we can do a short weekend thinghere....quite a few members in N.E. ohio.....so maybe i can arrange something if i can get enough people on board

Comment

i plan on being in ohio late aug, one of our members here is getting hitched aug 25

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Woot!

-ryan s.
                            08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                            94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                            73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                            12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                            Originally posted by pantera77
                            Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Only thing I was planning to bring with me is some corn. Good crop this year, though the stuff I had tonight pretty much sucked. I'll monitor the situation but if the crap corn tonight was just a fluke, I'll bring up a few dozen ears of good Jersey sweet corn. If the corn crop sucks, I'll leave it here. No need to transport crappy vegetables across state lines. Anything else we might need is just a trip to the store away, and handily I know the way.

Comment

About a month away! I will be there saturday and maybe sunday!
                                2002 Nissan Maxima 6spd 14.2@98mph "it may or may not be street legal"
                                2009 Chevy HHR Panel - My office
                                1988 Lincoln Town Car - The new love of my life

Comment

Working...
                                X