That would bring me so much happiness
    2002 Nissan Maxima 6spd 14.2@98mph "it may or may not be street legal"
    2009 Chevy HHR Panel - My office
    1988 Lincoln Town Car - The new love of my life

Comment

Originally posted by Andypot1985 View Post
      That would bring me so much happiness
      Thats a great idea somebody find one.
      2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

People with CC's holding is one thing, inviting people to bring an arsenal and piles of ammo for recreational shooting is a whole other ball game. I'm sure all GMN gun owners are very responsible, but in a mixed crowd all it takes is a brief moment for accidents to happen. Im sure there would be no problem as long as we stick to some such policy, like a 'only one live weapon at-a-time' while shooting thing. Multiple live guns, especially if there somehow were more live guns than people shooting, would make me nervous. Especially with the potential for gun noobs to be around.

On a similar side note, I have a small arsenal or fireworks I could bring!
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
          People with CC's holding is one thing, inviting people to bring an arsenal and piles of ammo for recreational shooting is a whole other ball game. I'm sure all GMN gun owners are very responsible, but in a mixed crowd all it takes is a brief moment for accidents to happen. Im sure there would be no problem as long as we stick to some such policy, like a 'only one live weapon at-a-time' while shooting thing. Multiple live guns, especially if there somehow were more live guns than people shooting, would make me nervous. Especially with the potential for gun noobs to be around.
          Assuming I make it, I can do some range safety training. It is obvious that you are not comfortable around guns. It is also obvious that you have little if any experience shooting at formal ranges. I have visited some strictly controlled ranges and one rule I have never encountered is a "one live weapon" rule. If people are so retarded that they can't be trusted to be in the vicinity of other peoples' firearms then they do not belong at the range. I have not yet attended a SF but I certainly did not expect attendees to have such low opinions of each other.

Comment

May not make some folks happy but since this seems to be a bone of contention how about not bringing any guns or ammo? Just enjoy the company and cars????

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
              May not make some folks happy but since this seems to be a bone of contention how about not bringing any guns or ammo? Just enjoy the company and cars????
              We are adults capable of discussing adult subject matter without picking up our toys and going home. Alcohol is a bone of contention for some. Are we going to demand that people leave alcohol at home? What about cigarette smoke? It makes some people batshit crazy when others smoke around them. Children are a bone of contention for some because they make some people uncomfortable if they are around. Are children forbidden? This is a non-issue. There have been no problems in the past and will likely not be any problems in the future. I am really surprised that this is even a discussion here.
              It may not make some folks happy, but some number of persons who are accustomed to normally carry will do so. Scott and Skippy do not appear to take issue with it.

Comment

Only a suggestion as it brought so much attention. I am sure you guys will work it out.....

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

Comment

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
                  Thats the best thing I can think of. It also saves me wear and tear on the desert eagle and ammo for myself.
                  2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

Comment

Originally posted by mercurygm88 View Post
                    Thats the best thing I can think of. It also saves me wear and tear on the desert eagle and ammo for myself.
                    It is a sin to keep guns in a case and not use them....
                    Let's get back to talking about cars...
                    Last edited by Mercracer; 02-19-2012, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
                      It is a sin to keep guns in a case and not use them....
                      That is also true. I just dont wanna show up with it and piss off scott or skippy because they'd rather I left it home.

Comment

Originally posted by mercurygm88 View Post
                        That is also true. I just dont wanna show up with it and piss off scott or skippy because they'd rather I left it home.
                        Since no one in the past at a SF has set up a target on the cars and filled them with holes, why are people expecting that to happen this time? All of these paranoid fantasies are just that. The reality is that this is not the issue people are trying to make of it. I am certain that anyone who acts irresponsibly will be swiftly dealt with no matter what the issue.
                        Let's get back to talking about cars...

Comment

"Let's get back to talking about cars..." AMEN TO THAT!!

Comment

+1

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                            Big plans

Comment

I agree with Ed.

/end
                              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I've gotta figure out what in the hell to do for the next six months to keep myself entertained till SF.

Comment

Working...
                                X