whats up???????????????????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Panthers,

The Boulevard Cruiser just made a jaunt Virginia to Atlanta, Savannah Charleston and home. Longest drive just 9 hours. One dog in the wayback. Fast, easy, cheap and comfortable. Tried out my ipad sound system. I've ordered a remote which should just fit over the mercury emblem on the steering wheel. I do wish it was a 90 or 91 (airbags) but it's the second best roadcar I've owned. Best was a Puegot 504.

Donald McCaig

Comment

ya im the same way always getting laughed at to!!!!!and ill give ya call when i get a chance!!
      '88' MGM wagon (mine and my sons toy)
      "60" chrysler New Yorker (my project)
      "78" Chevy 1 Ton P/U (yard horse)
      "01" Ford Explorer (wifes DD)
      "93" Chevy Suburban (my DD)

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
        Somehow, we now have two minivans and a convertible.
        Mustang?
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
          Mustang?
          Yes.

Comment

I own a '90 Merc woodie now, but I have driven a wagon (Fomoco or Mercedes) for the last twenty-five years. I ran my contracting business - until I retired - out of a wagon and encountered very few situations that required a pickup truck.. AND my cargo area locks and is dry! You'll never wake up after an unexpected overnight deluge to ruined tools or, worse, a wet tool belt when you drive a wagon, either... I've always owned two or three cars; one of them is always a station wagon.
            If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough...

Comment

too bad the only ford option you have now, is a *cringes) ...ford flex lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

It's funny, the Flex is sorta the wagon going full circle. It's basically a retro pseudo-wagon. An actual wagon won't sell because then you'd...own a wagon, I guess? But really it's a slightly taller wagon. I just wish that there was a panther wagon back in the day with 355hp (in stock tune).

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

I'd take one right now with the Ecoboost v-6...

Comment

A REAL wagon, I meant, not a Flecks... You know, though, you talk about full circle; we learned how to make power in cars WITH fuel economy so we could lard their asses with an extra 500- 2000 lbs. of whatever new cars are full of these days. So a new, high tech Flex gets about the same mileage we do with our "Land Yaghts" because it weighs more than 4500 lbs. My totally loaded Colony Park weighs less than 4000lbs. Go figure.. progress, I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by GoFordBroke View Post
                      I'd take one right now with the Ecoboost v-6...
                      So would I, but there were only 2 in a 100 mile radius of here, and both were well over $50k. No thanks.

I do like the Flex, though. An SE with only 2 options on it was my target for the family hauler.

Comment

The first lesson in New Car Salesman School is how to tell a person, while maintaining a straight face, that their new dream car costs fifty or sixty or seventy thousand dollars. Be serious, fifty grand for a car? That's not even so much in the new scheme of things, but paying back fifty grand over four years with NO interest is over a thousand a month.. insanity! I'll drive my old big-assed girl, thank you...

Comment

I'd take a 90/91 wagon with a v6 ecoboost from a stang (that 30mph/300hp bugger) matched up with a slushbox. I bet I'd get the same kind of mileage as the stang with all the cargo space to spare (as long as I kept it under 70mph).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                          Originally posted by gadget73
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                          Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I really thought about retireing the wagon in favor of a flex. The Limited's are nice. I couldn't afford new so would have bought a total and rebuilt it. The biggest problem I saw was the cargo area. When everything was folded flat there were spaces between the seats so small stuff would fall down.

Last winter, I rebuilt an Escape Limited for my wife I wound up with her old low mileage 02 Black on Black Explorer Limited. I was encouraged by my entire family to keep that and sell the wagon. I couldn't do it, so the Explorer went.

Then my neighbor decides to sell his nice Chevy Suburban that I have been admiring for the last 9 years. That was really tempting, but I did not bite. That is why I have been "investing" in the wagon for the last few months.

Jay
                            03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                            02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                            08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                            12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Working...
                            X