Found it today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hypostang View Post
    My local pullapart had a diamond jubilee a few years ago ... I made a fortune off that car
    Really... what parts did you do good on? Sell it on ebay?

Comment

Much of the trim is specific to the DJ. Those rear opera windows, basically the whole interior, the wheels, the body trim, badging, etc. Have a look at the interior of one sometime. The dashboard is really cool with these plastic coated aluminum panels that are specific for that model. The body trim has these neat patterns etched into it. The turbines are color matched. The seats and door panels are a specific cloth pattern.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        Much of the trim is specific to the DJ. Those rear opera windows, basically the whole interior, the wheels, the body trim, badging, etc. Have a look at the interior of one sometime. The dashboard is really cool with these plastic coated aluminum panels that are specific for that model. The body trim has these neat patterns etched into it. The turbines are color matched. The seats and door panels are a specific cloth pattern.
        Yes true. I'm familiar with the special edition Diamond Jubilee. I believe they stickered for about double over a regular Mark V. I was curious what parts brought the big money... maybe everything you mentioned? I didn't know people were looking for this stuff. With that velour interior I would think you would want to buy one of these in the mintiest condition possible. I lot of them were put away and available with very low mileage still today. Be a lot cheaper in the long run to just buy a nice one then to piece one together. People who collect these want everything all original anyways. I think the Diamond Jubilee was the first Ford to have clear coat paint but I could be wrong.

Comment

well, if you have a nice one that has one piece of damaged trim or something like that, you'd want that one part. I don't think anyone repros those pieces, and I'd wager NOS just doesn't exist anymore.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            well, if you have a nice one that has one piece of damaged trim or something like that, you'd want that one part. I don't think anyone repros those pieces, and I'd wager NOS just doesn't exist anymore.
            True...

Comment

Originally posted by ford man View Post
              Really... what parts did you do good on? Sell it on ebay?
              Yup Ebay , I sold the console , the factory radio with CB , the dash woodgrain trim as well as the passenger trim , the leather dash pad , the trunk lock cover , the leather owners manual case , and the Mark V emblem off the grill .... off the top of my head

here is a pic of the car the first time I saw it
              Attached Files
              sigpic

1988 Signature Series Town Car

Comment

Always check the VIN of 66 birds as quite a few came with a 428. A fire isn't likely to hurt the block and definitely wouldn't hurt the crank which is the hardest thing to find.

Comment

I've always loved those model T-Birds, and have actually been seriously thinking lately about picking up a T-Bird of that particular vintage, and storing it back in my Storage Pod, for future Restoration. Would love to have one of those to go along with my '88. There is a '66-'68 for sale about 35 miles from here, and I'm thinking I might bite if the price is right.

Love how someone spray painted "SAVE" on that poor old MKV, shows that someone had good intentions, though I doubt anyone ever did, looks too far gone to be worth it, and nice examples are easily found in the $3-5K range.

Comment

Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post
                    Love how someone spray painted "SAVE" on that poor old MKV, shows that someone had good intentions
                    Im willing to bet it was the salvage yard that painted that on, to insure it doesnt get sent to the crusher yet. They probably want to strip parts off it first.
                    -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                    -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

I felt like reviving this thread - I bought a Mark V DJE last summer. Got a whole bunch of parts shipped from a guy in the Maritimes including mint front seats, console, opera windows etc. They're probably my favorite '70s Lincoln, and arguably the most collectable of that era (aside from the '79 Collector's Series, but you have to put up with the 400 2bbl in those, no 460 option).

Both the 460 and dual exhausts were actually options on the '78 Mark V, including the DJE (460, duals, sunroof, CB, block heater were the only DJE options, IIRC). They were commonly ordered, so 400-powered '78s are somewhat rare. I've never seen or heard of a 400 in a DJE, although it was possible.

'77s had the 460 standard everywhere except California (I believe), and '79s were 400 only.

What ever became of this junkyard DJE?
                      Last edited by RyPow; 01-18-2013, 03:40 PM.
                      RyPow
                      1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX sedan - The "Sand Box" - 73K, towing package
                      1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
                      1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net
                      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, 102k, daily driver
                      2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, 115k, winter beats
                      1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car, 42k
                      2012 F-150 5.0L 4x4, HD payload pkg (towing/hauling)
                      2015 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD (better half's)

Comment

This guy

Originally posted by RyPow View Post
                        Got a whole bunch of parts shipped from a guy in the Maritimes including mint front seats, console, opera windows etc.
                        http://novascotia.kijiji.ca/c-cars-v...AdIdZ387164159
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by RyPow View Post
                          I felt like reviving this thread - I bought a Mark V DJE last summer. Got a whole bunch of parts shipped from a guy in the Maritimes including mint front seats, console, opera windows etc. They're probably my favorite '70s Lincoln, and arguably the most collectable of that era (aside from the '79 Collector's Series, but you have to put up with the 400 2bbl in those, no 460 option).

Both the 460 and dual exhausts were actually options on the '78 Mark V, including the DJE (460, duals, sunroof, CB, block heater were the only DJE options, IIRC). They were commonly ordered, so 400-powered '78s are somewhat rare. I've never seen or heard of a 400 in a DJE, although it was possible.

'77s had the 460 standard everywhere except California (I believe), and '79s were 400 only.

What ever became of this junkyard DJE?
                          I've never seen a 400 DJE.
                          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                          Past Panthers
                          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

My second car was a dj t-bird bought new by my grandmother,the year 1984 I was 16 car had 40k on it. If I only knew what it would be worth today,I still would have beat the crap out of it. I was 16 after all! They made around 18k of the Thunderbirds,not many had power sun roof,mine did.so many memories of that car! One of my faves was soaking the underclassmen whenever it wouLd rain I would get up to about 35mph and ride the curb and just douche them as they were walking home! Mine had the 351m power rating was about the same as my 89 Vic, but man did it have some torque,it would do massive one wheel burnouts. A fine Ford automobile!
                            1989 crown Vic daily driver 165k and counting!
                            1987 MGM 49xxx mi awaiting light resto

Comment

Working...
                            X