looking to sell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking to sell

Hi im kinda new here, I have an 87 gran marq factory custom paint packg. Ive bored the engine .60 over new roller lifters 512 lift cam dual valve springs true dual exhaust,electric dumps and put in 383 l/s diff. flat top valve releif pistons. Fuel inj but still map.This car looks just like grampas till you get behind the dual exhaust n hear the cam or open the dumps. high power band cam installed oem mark has 12 degrees seperation. little low on vacum make me an offer im in urbana il have pics, just grew tired of the project. all it needs is maf and it would snap off the line.Now itll pass anything on highway but a gas station. give me a shout

You will get more response if you post pics and a starting price. Otherwise you are not going to get much interest. You may want to change the typo to 3.73 gears. What brand diff did you install? What brand & part number pistons? What cam is in there? People are going to want more detail than the typical Craigslist ad and the colorful descriptions are less helpful that actual specific details regarding how it is equipped.

Comment

I believe he mentioned, in another post, there were pics but I haven't seen any.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

One of his first posts has pics from 2009 inbeded in a PDF file. Current pics of decent resolution are going to be more useful. 3 years of driving can cause a car to change quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
          One of his first posts has pics from 2009 inbeded in a PDF file. Current pics of decent resolution are going to be more useful. 3 years of driving can cause a car to change quite a bit.
          Isn't that the truth! 3 years ago my P72's d/s fender looked solid, after some more winters it's obvious that fender needs replacing.
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

.60 over are you kidding? that thing better be sleeved or something. just my opinion. good luck with the sale
            89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
              .60 over are you kidding? that thing better be sleeved or something. just my opinion. good luck with the sale
              I swear I've heard you should never go more than .030 over on a sbf?
              2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

No more than .030 on a Cleveland is what I've heard, and that even at .030 it should be sonic-checked. Some Windsor blocks were supposedly pretty thick, so who knows.
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

probably meant .060 over.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                    probably meant .060 over.
                    He definitely meant .060. No factory 302 has even .300 thick cylinder walls.

Comment

even still .060 is cutting it too close for me
                      89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
                        even still .060 is cutting it too close for me
                        I wouldn't sweat it... If it doesn't overheat, you are golden...

Comment

Working...
                        X