Why not...My '84 Crown Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not...My '84 Crown Vic

Not much to say. Base model w/59k on the clock. (Turned over? Who knows.) 302 CFI. Rust but not bad for a MI car, small hole on the inside of the drivers door and a few tiny spots of surface rust elsewhere. Easy fixes in the spring. Some surface rust underneath but no rot.

Some sun damage, dash is cracked and vinyl top is drying out. Wouldn't hurt for a new paint job(can't tell in the pics) but that whole law of diminishing returns(and funds) is a factor.

Never had any real trouble with the car, always got me home even with a hiccup or two along the way.

Last winter in the snow...

Quick and dirty cell phone pics.

Yeah, redneck steel wheels ATM. I do have the original hubcaps but if I lose one I'm not playing junkyard hide and seek for a replacement.

It was after a rinse, that is with all the spotting.

Not far from bone stock really.

Got any questions, just ask.
    Last edited by TFatseas; 03-05-2012, 09:57 PM.

Looks good man.. id rock It

Comment

stripless bumpers... nice.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Which style of wheel covers do you have?
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
          Which style of wheel covers do you have?

http://www.hubcaps.org/ltd.html

Find the #FRD828 hubcap at the bottom and that looks like it.

I'll take a pic tomorrow for you.

ETA: Actually $45 each ain't that terrible of a price for 30 year old hubcaps.

Comment

Nice ride, shes got potential! Love the base interior with the analog clock and radio, wish my 2-door had it, I dont think digital stuff fits in with the look of these boxes.
            -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
            -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Working...
            X