No announcement yet.

Pesty's '06 VicPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only platform to have the highest rear impact rating! Sucks to hear about the car. Atleast everyone is safe. Im sure you can get another good one with insurance monies.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by Pesty351 View Post
      So I'm on the hunt for another vic with the insurance check.
      Or you could buy Slymer's '82 MK VI.
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

That's too bad. But it goes to show how safe these big cars can be when called upon!
        Good luck in your search for another Panther!!

-ryan s.
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Well it was rearended in alabama last sunday. We were at a stand still on hwy 65 south when a female in a foreign pos nissan hit us going 55-60. Their car was taken away on the flatbed we drove the rest of the way to florida. But it F'd the bumper and both rear quarters so the insurance company is totaling it. Frame is still straight car runs and drivers perfect but under Florida law its too damage to insure and drive legally<--BS. So I'm on the hunt for another vic with the insurance check.
          Can you buy the car back as salvage to use for parts?

Comment

Same thing happened to my Dad's car. Don't think FL Law permits a "buy back" so you take the ass kickin' and the check.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Florida law does not allow a buy back. Once it's toataled, it's scrap. It can not be rebuilt. One question I would ask though, can it be bought back for parts? If so, swap the engine into the 03?
              1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

Did the insurance company take it from you, or will they be coming for it? Thats shitty...the car still drives and they are basically forcing you to scrap it. You should take some parts off it after it goes to the boneyard. If it was me, I would get the spotlight, pushbar and steelies/centers at least.
                -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

They took my Dad's '93 mint GM and the damage consisted of a rear door, quarter panel, rear axel case and rear brake. NO chance to "buy" it back!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

They took it directly from the body shop. I hoping I find it in the j-yard then I will grab the motor and tranny.
                    1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                    2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
                    sigpic

Comment

They took it directly from the body shop.
                      '79 Continental Town Car
                      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                      X