Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 99 marquis with bad intake. (round ports) and my neighbor gave me a intake off of a taxi he bought wrecked. it looks the same except for the port holes (diamond shape). Is it compatible?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6758.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	1273440Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9507.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	1273441
    Scott

Live in the midsouth where "Elvis is King and Jesus is Lord"

1999 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

yes, but!

check out the PI intake swap thread (linked in the post above yours). You'll need specific gaskets (do not re-use the old ones).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

It's a PI intake and won't fit unless you swap out the heater core return line.

-ryan s
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Thanks guys. I went on and got a dorman cause it is getting cold again. Almost done however that l shaped pain in the butt bracket on the back I can not for the life of me getting into a fitting position. Any help on this?

Scott
          Scott

1999 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Pictures might help a bit.
            Please.

-ryan s.
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

Sorry this beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Scott

1999 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

I can't get it to fit with the long bolt cylinder...

Scott

Scott

1999 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Ah that's the crash bracket that covers the rear drivers side fuel rail. When I did my intake swap I removed that bracket completely as the long bolt that goes through it is an intake bolt itself. There is a 15mm? Bolt that holds the bracket onto the back of the drivers side cylinder head. And mine had another bracket there too covering said 15mm bolt that held the oxygen sensor wiring up from the exhaust. Those 2 brackets are a pain and need to be removed to set the new intake on. Then put back on after new intake is set up.

Helps tremendously to remove the wiper motor box. On my town car anyway.
                  1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

Although I forgot you were using a Dorman intake. Those intakes may not have clearance for the crash bracket. I used a ford intake.
                    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

None of my cars have this bracket.
                      Since the throttle cable spring mount on the bracket on the intake plenum, I would assume it's safe to leave that bracket off.
                      You could get away with using zip ties to clean up the wiring in that area, if necessary.

-ryan s.
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Thanks Guys, I will look at it tonight when I get home.

Scott
                        Scott

1999 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Left it out. Driving with minimal issue... Thanks a ton.

S

Scott

1999 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Working...
                          X