1981 2 door Lincoln

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 2 door Lincoln

Think about pulling the trigger on this one. It's real clean but I haven't heard it start yet. There asking $2500 OBO I'm going to offer $1900. What ya think?
    The Best
    Past and Present Any Questions...................

looks bad ass
    1984 mercury grand marquis ls rebuilt 306 flat top pistons with factory cfi and lincoln headers with single glasspack dual snorkle air cleaner. Gloss black paint with slick top coversion.
    1986 mercury grand marquis colony park 5.0 sefi dual exhuast thrush turbos with h pipe and turbines

Comment

If it runs, drives, start/stops and turns properly, $2500 or less would be a good price. If it's in real good shape I probably wouldn't mind paying the asking price.
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

The Town Coupe. Those things are pretty rare. 80-81 only and low production numbers. 2k is a good price if its in good shape, but look real close at those doors and door panels. The chances of finding good replacements if they are all jacked up is about nil.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

They also made them with 351s too didn't they?
          sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
            They also made them with 351s too didn't they?
            1980 Lincoln Town car and Mark VI only available offering 351s and also 302 as well. But for 1981's, 351s were dropped...only 302's are available for Town Car and Mark VI.
            Last edited by Jason_GMQ91; 03-16-2012, 10:04 PM.
            1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
            1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
            1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
            1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

The paint on the hood looks faded but perhaps that's just moisture?
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

That Town Coupe looks good and they are pretty rare. If it checks out well anything around the asking price would be worth it. Body and 2 door specific parts would be a pain to find. It is a eye catcher.

Comment

I thought two doors on Mark VI and Town Coupes are interchangable? The facts that I did owned two cars panthers at the same time are 1980 Mark VI and 1980 Town Coupe.

Its's me with my two tudor panthers:

Last edited by Jason_GMQ91; 03-17-2012, 01:56 AM.
                  1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                  1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                  1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                  1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Looks good.. snatch her up

Comment

If it was black/red, I'd go buy it from under you muahahaha
                      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                      sigpic
                      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                        If it was black/red, I'd go buy it from under you muahahaha
                        Nothing a lil paint can't fix.
                        The Best
                        Past and Present Any Questions...................

Comment

Would have to see it in person but you may have to repaint anyway - looks like there are some "issues".

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

looks way better than the one i saw for $7000. it had visible rot and stuff. that car looks solid. if pics speak the truth, i would buy it.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

tudors are interchangeable among Lincolns ONLY, but they should be the same. The difference between the town coupe and Mark VI 2-door is mainly the front fascia IIRC. Everything else should be the same structurally. you can interchange 2-door doors between vics and marqs, but not with Lincs. Lincoln doors are straight in the rear while the vics and marqs are angled a little.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              Originally posted by gadget73
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                              X