Walker 54016 Alternatives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walker 54016 Alternatives?

So after reading the thousands of exhaust threads on here, I've finally ordered everything I need for a full 2.5" system on the 89. The only problem is, the walker 54016's simply don't seem to exist anymore. Their the only tailpipes I've seen that are mandrel bent instead of crimp bent like all the other 2.5" pieces. Does anybody have an alternative that doesn't look like it was bent with a piece of cheese?

The 54017's are nice and easy to find,

The 54016's though. Ugh.
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

So I take it the 16's are mandrel bent and the 17's are not? Besides that I don't see a difference in the specs if that's what you mean
    The Best
    Past and Present Any Questions...................

Comment

Originally posted by NATEHAWK View Post
      So I take it the 16's are mandrel bent and the 17's are not? Besides that I don't see a difference in the specs if that's what you mean

The 17's are the drivers side, the 16's are the passenger side. (Which unfortunately no one seems to have anymore, and all the alternatives that I've found are crush/crimp bent)
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
        So after reading the thousands of exhaust threads on here, I've finally ordered everything I need for a full 2.5" system on the 89. The only problem is, the walker 54016's simply don't seem to exist anymore. Their the only tailpipes I've seen that are mandrel bent instead of crimp bent like all the other 2.5" pieces. Does anybody have an alternative that doesn't look like it was bent with a piece of cheese?

The 54017's are nice and easy to find,

The 54016's though. Ugh.
        http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WLK-54016/
        yeah carlsons exhuast shop in busti, i have him make me custom peices, he has good prices, fast turnaround and i always get what i order, they made me a custom bend pipe to match my other one that i had in my garage. fits awsome! went in brought the pipe said i need one of these, he goes ok, we walk into the shop turn me over to his guy and proceeds to bend me a anothr pipe up to match the one i brought in 25 bucks and 15 min later im all set. oh hes does regular and stainless.
        89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

I have a set of these hanging in my garage at home (driver's and passenger's). Shipping would be absurd, though.
          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Perhaps you could call JEGS and ask them if they can sell the tails separately for catback kit 555-30410?

Luckily I was able to use the whole catback for this system (minus muffs, which I bought separately).

Packman

Comment

RockAuto has them!...http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php

Comment

Rock Auto has the Dynomax 2.5" sets. Which is what is needed for our exhausts. The other ones listed are smaller, and not worth it.

Comment

Attached is the parts chart from Rockauto's website. Part numbers 50417 $35.79 and 50416 $37.79. I'll be ordering a set myself today. I'll probably still get it welded up but all I'll be paying for is labor and a pair of chrome tips.

The Best
                  Past and Present Any Questions...................

Comment

I got mine from rock auto. Best price when all is said and done.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Are those resonators right before the tails of those Dynomax pipes? Just wondering if I should ever have to replace the exhaust.

Packman

Comment

You don't want those parts... You want the parts before those. The resonator tail pipes don't fit our cars.

Comment

Originally posted by ford man View Post
                          Thank you! I total forgot about rock auto. The last piece of the puzzle.

Comment

This'll be a good reference if I ever upgrade to 2.5" exhaust, if I ever build an engine that needs it. So far my 2" system works great, keeps torque down low where I want it.
                            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
                              This'll be a good reference if I ever upgrade to 2.5" exhaust, if I ever build an engine that needs it. So far my 2" system works great, keeps torque down low where I want it.
                              That cam keeps torque down low lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X