Low Mileage 83 Grand Marquis on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low Mileage 83 Grand Marquis on eBay

This 1983 Grand Marquis showed up on eBay today. It has only 8850 original miles on it, never rolled over. Pretty clean-looking, good condition box-shape Marquis are getting more scarce these days. Used to be able to pick one up for a grand or two (not with mileage this low, of course!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...91836830#v4-44

I wonder how bad the hoses et al would be after 30 years of non-use.

Good looking car though.

ETA: On second thought, considering how dirty the engine looks for less than 10K and the fact that the seller says it's been repainted makes me believe there is more than what's being let on.

(He says "Original Ford Silver Metallic paint..." then right down below it he wrote "Brand new dual stage repaint in original factory color")

Or maybe I'm a pessimist.
    Last edited by TFatseas; 04-01-2012, 08:22 PM.

Comment

He explains the repaint was a misprint later in the ad. I believe the mileage. The engine just looks dusty, the steering wheel is perfect, and the seats have zero wear. I really like this car, great color combo and pretty equipped. It even has the rare Premium sound knob.
      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
      Past Panthers
      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

I saw that too. I don't believe it's not flipped over. They'd have to show me complete maintenence logs from day 1.

Maybe I just think people suck It is a nice car.

Pete
        Originally posted by gadget73
        For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
        1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
        1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Originally posted by Piece-it pete View Post
          I don't believe it's not flipped over. They'd have to show me complete maintenence logs from day 1.
          Well I certainly would want some documentation as well, but if you look at the engine it really is only dusty. Look at the wiring, you can still see the colors with no hint of grease or grime.

Also, pay attention to the tires. The ad shows wide whites in some of the pictures (which would have been factory) then in other pics it clearly has new tires with thinner white walls. I think the seller changed out the tires because they had to be dry-rotted (the ad mentioned new tires).

A car like this really would need to be seen up close. It would be too hard from pictures to be 100% certain of the mileage. I'll tell you one thing IMHO if it has 108K on it, the owner was meticulous as that interior is factory fresh.
          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
          Past Panthers
          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Awesome find!!
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
            X