are these legit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are these legit?

I'm looking at Rock Auto's site and looked up my car's shocks and it lists Monroe 20960/20961 front/rear shocks, they're gas-charged heavy duty shocks. When I looked them up on other sites like Summit, Jegs and even Monroe's own site, those part numbers don't show up, leaving me suspecious. These are the cheapest ones listed on Rock Auto at 10.26 a pop, which is also strange that heavy duty shocks would be cheaper than their base Monroe-Matic shocks, which do show up on other sites.

I just want to know if they seem legit, I don't want to go to the hassle of paying, waiting then trying to fit the wrong shocks. I'd like these if they'll fit, since i'd like heavy duty shocks for my heavy Lincoln but if these scream phony then i'll get the Monroe-Matics and use those for now.
    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

rockauto doesn't fuck around. Most of my cars are made of RockAuto parts, and they've never sent me the wrong part. They've sent parts that got broken in shipping or had manufacturing defects, but not once has it been an incorrect part.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

I like Rock Auto as well, i've gotten parts from it like turn signal lenses and other tough to find parts, it's just not finding that part number belonging to those shocks anywhere else threw up a red flag.

Comment

If i'm not mistaken those are the numbers that Monroe uses for their "private label " line ..... like NAPA or Federated branded parts for instance ....... the "20" replaces the "5" in the sensa trac part number

I should also add that I worked for Federated for 15 years and that's where my info comes from
        Last edited by hypostang; 04-06-2012, 10:24 PM.
        sigpic

1988 Signature Series Town Car

Comment

When I looked them up on other sites like Summit, Jegs and even Monroe's own site, those part numbers don't show up,
          They are a discontinued p/n, and rockauto is clearing out old stock at rock bottom prices. If you check out the Monroe site you'll notice a lot of applications where the Sensa trac is now the 'default' shock, rather than an 'upgrade' shock.

Alex.

Comment

Clearance stuff at RA is funtimes. Good stuff for real cheap.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah, rockauto's clearance prices are great. I scored some Bosch spark plugs for like $.89 a pop & Goodyear u & l radiator hoses real cheap. Awhile back they had both window motors on sale 1/2 price! Front R, & L Rear are same & Front L, R Rear are same motors for the Dorman replacements. Sure they might have been sitting on a shelf for 4 years until an auto parts store went out of business, but they are brand new, but you're taking a chance with only a 30 day warranty on the closeout parts. Definitely worth it for 1/2 price or better parts!
              Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

I ordered them, for 42 bucks for all 4 shocks you can't go wrong especially being HD shocks. I hope they improve body roll, they have to since the current shocks aren't doing hardly anything. I wish I had a rear sway bar to put on as well, really plant the car to the road.

Comment

Working...
                X