TV cable on 4barrel Edelbrock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV cable on 4barrel Edelbrock

Im trying to finally get this tranny to shift correctly but Im still using this Lokar crap. From all the old thread I have read I see alot of guys are using and suggested that TV Corrector bracket that summit sells >>> http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-700203/?rtype=10

Now I also hear the 90-91 carb TV cable will work also and I think my buddy Scott snagged one for me a few years back if he still has it...Chime in Lincolnmania.....

Whats the consensus now days on getting the AOD to shift properly with a edelbrock carb? I can adjust adjust the cable some and get it to shift sooner and not take till 5k rpm before the first shift but then the second shift is still late....Tranny seems to work with ni problems and I would like to keep it that way but I need to make the proper adjustments so guys with carbs CHIME IN....
    The Best
    Past and Present Any Questions...................

I'll post pics of my setup tomorrow. It ain't pretty but it damn sure works. And if it breaks the pressure goes wide open instead of smoking the trans.
    1989 Grand Marquis LS
    flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Originally posted by Southern_Pride View Post
      I'll post pics of my setup tomorrow. It ain't pretty but it damn sure works. And if it breaks the pressure goes wide open instead of smoking the trans.
      Cool thanks...
      The Best

Comment

After doing somemore searching I see alot of guys set the Lokar TV cable buy having someone floor the accelerator and then pull the cable at that point for max pressure so the tv cable is tight. That sets it for a nice solid shift....Is it just that simple????
        The Best

Comment

Heres some pics. Some 10-32 screws washers and locknuts with a cut down piece of a rafter tie froms lowes.

Last edited by Southern_Pride; 04-09-2012, 05:28 PM.
          1989 Grand Marquis LS
          flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

the lokar cable is junk in my opinion nate....they stretch and need constant adjustment.......the cable on eb's vic snapped when he got to texas, i felt bad abouut it, but it's not my fault, i did'nt build the cable...... still have the 91 cable saved for you, will need a custom made bracket tho.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
              the lokar cable is junk in my opinion nate....they stretch and need constant adjustment.......the cable on eb's vic snapped when he got to texas, i felt bad abouut it, but it's not my fault, i did'nt build the cable...... still have the 91 cable saved for you, will need a custom made bracket tho.
              Only if I could find a 90-91 car and snag that bracket it may work.
              The Best

Comment

Originally posted by Southern_Pride View Post
                Heres some pics. Some 10-32 screws washers and locknuts with a cut down piece of a rafter tie froms lowes.

Thanks for the pics. Its giving me ideas.
                The Best

Comment

No problem. Its pretty much bullet proof.
                  1989 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

i had a similar setup on the 2bbl on my 84 crown vic cop car

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Well right now I have to make due with the Lokar crap so whats the easiest way to set it up?
                      The Best

Comment

Is it just the cable that is garbage on the lokar or is it the brackets and everything? I was thinking you could buy a used lokar and get a high quality strong cable to use with it?
                        YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

the lokar cable jacket seem ok, its just the cable and other linkages. first thing that i dont like, is the linkage at the carb. its crappy plastic. im currently looking for a AOD TV rod, to replace my cable. at the same time, iv been looking at how to adapt the SEFI cable and bracket. main thing is, to get the geometry right on the carb side. thats where the TV corrector comes in handy.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Mine is pretty close. I modeled it after a 2 barrel motorcraft with the aod linkage factory. I can get a pic of that this weekend if you'd like.
                            1989 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                              the lokar cable jacket seem ok, its just the cable and other linkages. first thing that i dont like, is the linkage at the carb. its crappy plastic. im currently looking for a AOD TV rod, to replace my cable. at the same time, iv been looking at how to adapt the SEFI cable and bracket. main thing is, to get the geometry right on the carb side. thats where the TV corrector comes in handy.
                              I'll be waiting to see how yours turn out.....
                              The Best

Comment

Working...
                              X