what about these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what about these?

Found this ad, finally a set of wheels that may fit my car that aren't offending to look at. Do you all think they'd look good on my Lincoln? I think with some RWL tires they'd have a hotrod look, getting away from the grandpa look.

They some with good 235/75 tires which is the exact size for my truck so I could also have a spare set of tires as well. All for 450 bucks isn't too bad right? I mean wheels or tires alone would cost that much.

The link: http://kansascity.craigslist.org/pts/2900052842.html
    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Well this guy hasn't responded to texts or calls/voice mail so I gave up. Found a guy locally with AR Outlaw II's that wants 120 bucks for them but it's an hour drive and may not fit.

I'm thinking about painting the stock wheels, all black except for the outer rim. I'd probably clear coat all of it including the rim, but I may not at first in case I don't like it. If anyone would like to, here's the pics of my car and if someone would be nice enough to do a quick photoshop of that, that'd be awesome. And you can also post pics of other photoshops you think would look good. Also not to be picky but when shopping the photo if you could delete the white strip since i'll be getting non whitewalls, that would help.

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...ncoln-Town-Car

And next sunny day i'm gonna wash it and take some new pics, I have no pics of it cleaned up yet. I haven't taken any pics recently because I haven't done any mods to it besides the exhaust, just been working on little stuff like tune up stuff.

Comment

lsc turbines and hpp's look good on a town car
      also the 98-02 towny lacy spokes
      15" tires suck once you have gone with 225/60/16 or 235/60/16 tires.......they handle like a bowl of jello on 14" and 15" wheels

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I've never had 16" wheels on anything, except on my Mustang that had the 5 spoke 16" wheels, I ran I think 225/50/16's and those handled great but that was also a smaller, lighter Mustang. I'm not too concerned with handling, I cruise everywhere and I like 15's because they're cheap. I figure I can save a lot by getting maybe 10 bucks worth of paint and keeping my stock lacy turbines.

The tires I have now are 8 years old so it's time to replace them but it's tough justifying replacing them since they have almost half the tread still, I have to give it at least half throttle on wet pavement to break a tire loose. They're only cracked a little, but since I have a 1 year old and another on the way i'm getting new tires this winter since i'm not risking a blowout.

Comment

Replacing really old tires is always a good idea!
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Yeah I need to, i've used the bumper jack the car comes with and i'm not comfortable with that thing at all, I want to get a regular large floor jack in case I do ever get a flat. At work, the drivers park behind the warehouse and there's always pieces of metal and sometimes nails/screws laying on the ground so you never know when you may get a flat. A few guys won't even park back there for that reason, like a guy who has a BMW M3 and another guy who has a 2012 Mustang, both of which have crazy $200+ tires.

Comment

Working...
            X