No announcement yet.

Box front end conversions-the basic lowdown DUW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He did the rear as well. The car had mucho rust problems and was scrapped.
    -Matt
    1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

I love the 2 headlight look the wagon I am wanting has em. Then I do like to look of the round box 2 doors kinda doing a prototype of what FoMoCo should have done.

Tim
      2000 Ford Crown Victoria
      84 Lincoln Town car signature, R.I.P
      85 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2 door performance project
      89 Lincoln town car: RIP
      89 Crown Victoria LX 2002 USACi sound quality world champion RIP
      1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
      1994 Mercury Grand Marquis (sold)
      2004 Mercury Marauder. owned for a week then got screwed by the dealer

Comment

Ok as i saw in the original post the argument about there being three (3) Crown Victoria hoods throughout the years and i can tell you there isnt. I just recently, with Scotts help, installed a hood from a 1979 LTD-S (you know the ones with the two (2) headlights) on my 1987 Crown Victoria. So all in all Boxy Crown Victoria Panthers only used two (2) types of hoods.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
          Ok as i saw in the original post the argument about there being three (3) Crown Victoria hoods throughout the years and i can tell you there isnt. I just recently, with Scotts help, installed a hood from a 1979 LTD-S (you know the ones with the two (2) headlights) on my 1987 Crown Victoria. So all in all Boxy Crown Victoria Panthers only used two (2) types of hoods.

Arg i just read through this whole thread cause i was gunna post that and you beat me to it mang!
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
            Arg i just read through this whole thread cause i was gunna post that and you beat me to it mang!
            lol..You snooze you lose.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Hoe much of a towncars front end would I have to take to swap the squire. If it will work at all

Comment

I'm wanting to just switch filler panels front and back on my marquis over to crown vic style so I can get rid of the big nasty plastic moulding on the side of the car. Do I need to get crown vic bumpers also or will the marq bumpers work with vic fillers?

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                Big plans

Comment

Originally posted by dragginwaggin View Post
                  Hoe much of a towncars front end would I have to take to swap the squire. If it will work at all
                  Yes, I was interested in this at one time....and it's still a cool idea; putting a Townie front clip on a wagon.

Comment

I've always wanted an 87 and back box. Hmmmmm
                    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                      I've always wanted an 87 and back box. Hmmmmm
                      Nice one for sale for a steal of a price.
                      ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                        Nice one for sale for a steal of a price.
                        I'm waiting to get $40 so I can buy some HO valve covers off Scott, who I know needs the money. For some reason I have a feeling I couldn't afford it.
                        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by 1980c10 View Post
                          I'm wanting to just switch filler panels front and back on my marquis over to crown vic style so I can get rid of the big nasty plastic moulding on the side of the car. Do I need to get crown vic bumpers also or will the marq bumpers work with vic fillers?
                          The Grand Marquis bumper will fit with the Crown Vic filler panel, but the trim won't sit right on the Grand Marquis bumper. Let me see if I can dig up some pictures of my '90 Crown Vic. I did exactly what you asked. My front bumper was from a Grand Marquis.
                          Last edited by Paul_; 03-22-2010, 11:38 AM.
                          Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Found a few.

Stock bumper

Grand Marquis bumper

The trim wasn't loose until I forced it.

You'll also notice a gap between the drop in the bumper and the header panel, as the Crown Vic bumper curves in different spots.
                            Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by DuceAnAHalf View Post
                              Im wanting to cut about 1.5-2" out of each side of my bumper and then re-weld them, to bring the ends of the bumper closer to the body.
                              OK, I'm not the one to resurrect this thread, so I'll post.

Didn't Lincoln tuck the TC bumper ends in in '85? Would '85-'87 TC bumpers fit an '84 GM? Anybody know?
                              Anybody have any idea how much it would cost to de-chrome, cut & weld, then rechrome a set of '84 GM bumpers?
                              '84 Grand Marquis
                              Damn thing just keeps runnin'!

"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important." T.S. Elliot

Comment

Working...
                              X