Wheel Well/ Lower Chrome trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel Well/ Lower Chrome trim

Is there any source to get fresh chrome trim besides a good car in the yard? I haven't started a search yet but I thought I would ask first.
    The Best
    Past and Present Any Questions...................

Unfortunately none is known of. NOS pieces appear on ebay and can be 100+ dollars for a single piece. They are actually anodized aluminum, and can be refinished. however that is also around $100 a piece.

If you want to spend some time, and your current pieces aren't too bad, you can wet sand the anodization a bit and it helps. You can also completely remove the finish, and polish the aluminum, however occasional polishing will be needed to keep it looking shiny. Ive heard but not tried a laquer paint to coat the bare aluminum to protect it.
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Thanks for the ideas. I wonder what the car would look like without the trim?
      The Best

Comment

toms 87 vic coupe looked decent with the trim removed, i even removed the rocker panel trim

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
          toms 87 vic coupe looked decent with the trim removed, i even removed the rocker panel trim
          Any pics floating around on that vehicle still?
          The Best

Comment

yea gmgt's vic chronicle in scotts automotive

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

found a pic natemang!

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/attachme...0&d=1235505423

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                Thanks man. I think I still like the look with the trim.
                The Best

Comment

Working...
                X