Always wanted a GM so picked up a 2000 for $3000, low mileage and really nice cond. I love driving this car, comfort, power, RWD.
I knew before I bought it that I would be doing some mods...my wife called the GM an old man's car, she wanted me to get a 300C but i didn't want to spend $20,000 plus, and have a car payment so now i need to do some mods and make the GM look and ride a bit better.
1. Cold air intake: I've searched K&N Typhoon Air Intake System and can only find them for 2004 and up! Will these fit on a 2000 or what is everyone using?
2. I bought '05 5 Spoke Mustang Rims 18", my understanding is I'll need 1.5" spacers? I know some are putting 2" on the rear.
3. Exhaust, what is recommended, headers? 2.25 pipe with which muffler?
4. Window tint, 35% sides and 20% rear.
5. "Chip" what is this? Is it a bogus mod?
6. I've heard "tune" used a lot in forums, what exactly does that refer too? Will I need to do it once the CAI and Exhaust is done?
If anyone can recommend somewhere online to buy parts that would be great.
I'm into bikes I've got 3 GSXR's a ZRX and and YZ, the car interest is new so any assistance is appreciated.