ho linkage flip flop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ho linkage flip flop

Was reading the HO TB sticky and reading all this talk about drilling holes and remounting studs, I gotta ask, why not just flip the Mustang HO arm?
    From my mad photoshop skillz, it looks like it'll sit at the same angle on the shaft, in which case, it would save having to grind off two throttle arms, drilling holes and buying a baggy of bolt on stud mounts.
    See attached.

Alex.
    Attached Files

I believe that is the way recommended by many on cv.net
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Never noticed. Seems everybody gets hung up about swapping linkages from one to the other.

Comment

I have redrilled the holes when a welder wasnt available. Ground down the weld and weled when welder was avalable. One caution when welding do it quick as the throttle shaft bearing is sealed (a heat sink can help). If the seal meltsit causes an unmetered air leak in the injection system.
        Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

yeah, I swapped the arm. I just drilled and tapped and held it on with a 4-40 screw, it's been fine for over a year, not going to come off. Used loctite.
          Still gotta make a custom bracket for the HO egr spacer or bore out the lopo egr spacer though.

Comment

Still have a couple stock spacers but they want too much to bore them now close to 50.00. Did make a custom billet one for my 75mm TB. Made up a jig to weld bosses on it positioned to accept the stock anchor for the cables. The FMS TB was set up so the bell crank could be unbolted and reversed. They quit making the 65mm though.

Comment

im working with alan on getting a few bored out, if i can do it, then i can do this fairly cheap... i think
              89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

I'm not talking about swapping arms.
                I'm not talking about redrilling arms.

I'm saying, take the HO arm, flip it 180ēm, and reattach it. In the photo it looks like the stud and hole will be in the correct location--which is what I'd like to know, is a flipped HO arm keeping everything in the correct location.

Alex.

Comment

I want to say the throttle stop screw tab doesn't end up sitting where it needs to sit. I seem to remember that theres something about it that doesn't quite work, though frankly its been a long time since I actually studied it.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thinging the bell crank off the lopo has to be used. I remember cutting severl of them off and storing for that purpose but is also been years since doing one . Have a couple I did around somewere as well as several ho ones not moded.

Comment

Working...
                    X