1992 Premium Sound aftermarket receiver replacement wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crownvicman289 View Post
    Yeah, I kinda took credit for your find.
    Not about that, man. I just wanted to make sure you saw where to buy it. Let us know how you make out.
    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
    Past Panthers
    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

you could always run your own wires and be done with it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

If I was at home, that option would be 10X more on the table. Due to my present displacement, I am highly inclined toward plug and play goodness.
        1992 CVLX. 5.0 HO/GT40P/T5/3.73/trak-lok with bolt ons. 02 front CVPI setup, rear HPP setup, CVPI shocks around, F250 radiator, e-fans, and the power of 3G. 15.92@89mph, 2.4 60', 4700' elevation (5500' DA) with 3.08 open rear and the old oil chugging 289. RIP.

Comment

in that case... the RCA pre-out harness FTW.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

And then get your hands on a JBL amp out of a Mark VII or box Towncar and get some more wattage. Plug and play with the stock premium sound square silver amp. Later Towncars with the sub might work if you can figure out suitable mounting for it and feeds for sub amp power.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              And then get your hands on a JBL amp out of a Mark VII or box Towncar and get some more wattage. Plug and play with the stock premium sound square silver amp. Later Towncars with the sub might work if you can figure out suitable mounting for it and feeds for sub amp power.
              Oh rearry? That was going to be one of my next questions. So the 90+ TCs and MKVIIIs amps aren't plug and play? Or aren't any better?
              1992 CVLX. 5.0 HO/GT40P/T5/3.73/trak-lok with bolt ons. 02 front CVPI setup, rear HPP setup, CVPI shocks around, F250 radiator, e-fans, and the power of 3G. 15.92@89mph, 2.4 60', 4700' elevation (5500' DA) with 3.08 open rear and the old oil chugging 289. RIP.

Comment

dont know what the Mark VIII has. The 90s Towncars have one small amp for the speakers, and one small amp for the sub. I haven't really experimented with that setup to know if you can just plug it all in where the premium sound went. I know the early JBL setup with no sub will directly swap in though.
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                  been there, done that i installed a silver amp in my lincoln a month ago. now, im just finnishing up another install, in GMGT. its not really hard. i will also be keeping an eye out for these JBL amps too.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                  1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                  1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                  2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                  2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

And now we hope this plug shows up before I head back to CO. . .

Comment

Finally got the damn harness in the mail. Wired it up and test fitted the radio minus a sleeve with the ass hook. The ass hook is now seized in there (installed slightly crooked, screw in the way) and I can't slide it back out to get a sleeve around it to prevent the front from rattling. . . Radio's nice, but I don't think it's quite as loud as the factory one. Gonna have to find a box Lincoln/MKVII amp if I can.

Comment

the ass hook? Do I even want to know?

Comment

Ask your mom.

Comment

Thain... the slider that hooks on the rail above the radio in the aeros. It bolts to the ass of the radio... as it were.

Comment

oh, the Mark VII has that thing too.

Comment

It's great until you stick it on there crooked, then it's a one way install. If I could get my fist up in there from behind (so much easier on Thain's mom) then I could just push the thing out.

Comment

Working...
                                X