No announcement yet.

1992 Premium Sound aftermarket receiver replacement wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That'll teach ya to half ass an install.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Fuck me dude, it cut me off in the middle of the install. I was going to remove it to get that sleeve fitted but now I'm kinda stuck. I could probably just snag another hook from the junkyard and destroy this one removing the radio, assuming I don't destroy the radio itself removing it. . .
      1992 CVLX. 5.0 HO/GT40P/T5/3.73/trak-lok with bolt ons. 02 front CVPI setup, rear HPP setup, CVPI shocks around, F250 radiator, e-fans, and the power of 3G. 15.92@89mph, 2.4 60', 4700' elevation (5500' DA) with 3.08 open rear and the old oil chugging 289. RIP.

Comment

if you can... go in from behind via the glove box. I don't remember if that route has enough clearance for a hand or from the driver kick panel. I know one way does. I did this and shoved from behind to get one out of my 93 before. One thing to watch out for is if the radio is physically longer than the stock one, you have a very good chance of wedging that damn hook. That rail doesn't go all the way back in a smooth manner.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Fook me, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what's happening.
          1992 CVLX. 5.0 HO/GT40P/T5/3.73/trak-lok with bolt ons. 02 front CVPI setup, rear HPP setup, CVPI shocks around, F250 radiator, e-fans, and the power of 3G. 15.92@89mph, 2.4 60', 4700' elevation (5500' DA) with 3.08 open rear and the old oil chugging 289. RIP.

Comment

Working...
          X