Clear All

box wagon on craigslist since the ...

begining of the year

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/3042786059.html

I wonder what he considers a reasonable offer

88 Country Squire
    86 Colony Park, non-op'd
    89 Mark VII LSC, non-op'd

if all that work is new, and done at a shop, then he just put $3000 into it. So in that sense, I get $6600... but that's pricey.
    Just out of curiosity: is an interceptor 5.0 any different from a lopo 5.0? Was it an HO, and that was it?
    Thought most interceptors got 351s, but if an interceptor got a 5.0, was there a difference?

Looks like it has a 90s+ speedometer (not 89). Was there a mid-year model change to the newer dash?

Comment

90's got an entirely different dash. This has an 89 dash and 89 speedometer.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

probably said intercepter 5.0L thinking it's a cop car. The actual intercepters for that time got the lopo or the 351 depending on what the fleet ordered. The only real way to tell if it has an HO (and the cop HO would be the A9T) is to get the program code from the ECM.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

At that overprice I'd imagine that he's only listing it for sale because his wife or someone is making him, and doesn't actually want to sell.

I see that all the time around here.

Comment

10 passenger wagon? I don't see 7 doors on it.
            Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Wagons are only 8 passenger.... people are dumb.

That thing is cool though, wind up windows, no wood....
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I saw a "family car" for sale on craigslist a couple years back. It was a Buick Park Ave or whatever with 6 doors. 9 Passenger, for funerals. Was dark red, maroon. Not even black.
                Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Those were also airport cars

Comment

Yeah, they used to call them airport limos.

Pete
                    For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                    1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                    1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

you can fit 4 in the rumble seats... if they're all little kids.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

And if you don't care about your kids being properly belted in.

By that thinking you could fit 14 easily.

Comment

yeah, I think they are officially 10 seaters.
                          Until I got to see a wagon with rear seats, and it's a joke (as slymer and mrltd say). Two small people in the rear seats (or the "way back" as we as kids would call it, growing up in a pontiac 6000 wagon), that's it. That's all the legroom you have.
                          good theory, ltdman83. wonder if you might be right about that.

Comment

No, they are 8. Count the seatbelts!

Comment

hah, ok, I will ask my sister to count the seatbelts (my wagon lacks the rear seats...). Actually, that's alright, I trust you.
                              Then were did I hear that they were 10 seaters...? I know I've heard it somewhere; the rumor must have a source...

Comment

Working...
                              X