Question about cracking vinyl.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about cracking vinyl.

Hey guys I was cleaning and conditioning my vinyl top I saw a very very small crack just starting. It doesn't look like it has cracked through yet just the surface. So just wanted to know what product other then the conditioner I use on it. I'm sure most of you are just going to say that conditioning it is the only treatment for it but maybe there is something. Also I'm using Autoglym. Thanks.

Once it starts cracking, start saving money for a replacement top. Not much to be done for it at this point. Its already shot.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

ohh well. Thanks.

Comment

Don't worry too much about it. Keep on driving.
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

though you might be able to slow the progression by keeping up with the conditioners and protectants

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I used clear nail polish to cover a minor crack.

Comment

Working...
            X