My 351W slow progress build...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deskbabies!
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Oh c'mon! It won't let me say deskbabies in all caps!?!?!
      Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

That's the site. You gotta have some lower case word somewhere on the post or it will think some dumb ass just left caps on.

Comment

Really nice job with the swap. I've always liked Ford grey.

Any pictures of your pedal assembly?
          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Thanks P72, I tried my best! lol I don't have any pics of the pedal assembly because I didn't want any photographic evidence of what should've been aborted...instead of tack welding the tube in then reinstalling for fitament, I layed down beautiful welds all the way around the tube on both sides...I had to hack it out and it isn't pretty....but my firewall adapter(to compensate for the angle that the cable has to exit the firewall) seems to be working perfectly.

-Don
            '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

beautiful swap mang I hope you get to really enjoy the car now mang

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
              302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
              k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Nice stuff. Something new with the pullies. Great info.
                Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Yeah, I didn't see anything posted about goofing around with pullies, so I figured I'd try it and document it....My heart races everytime I drive the car...even just cruising around town...it's like my adrenaline gets pumping as soon as I fire it up...lol. I've been breaking my back for the last 11yrs and never had anything to really enjoy or show for it...it's really exciting to be at a point in my life where I can afford some toys! Thanks everybody!

-Don
                  '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

Very awesome car, I enjoy it so very much, and the video was great. The whole write-up is great, but I do have one question about the fuel system. I assume the fuel pump is in tank, and was for a foxbody? And does it have a return line, or is it returnless? I'm trying to figure out how to have a returnless efi setup. Any ideas? Thanks, and keep up the hard work, truly badass on ever front.

-Blane
                    85' Crown Vic 2dr. Small tire stock block grudge car.
                    09’ CTS-V family car making over 700whp with ease.
                    79’ f350 427 ls7 swapped with th400. Prerunner setup
                    64’ c30 dually. Slammed and turbo 5.3 with 4l80e

Comment

*prints out thread*

I'm gonna be doing this soon. Or trying to.

Comment

Thanks Blane, the fuel pump is a Walbro 190lph for, you guessed it, a fox-body...it takes a little work to make it fit the hanger right, but works great...the factory system was a return style system and it still is...I imagine with a fuel pump controller and blocking off the return hose on the tank, you could make a returnless system work...my question is, why are you going returnless? MSD Atomic???

-Don

Comment

Okay, that should work pretty easily, or I'll run an inline on the frame rail. The reason I was questioning the return is because currently I only have one fuel line and will have to run another one. I was looking at megasquirt actually, the new MS3 is very appealing to my needs. Victor injection intake with a holley or accel throttle body for simplicity and great tune-ability. When do you think you will be able to get track times for your new beast? Sometime in the spring?

-Blane
                          85' Crown Vic 2dr. Small tire stock block grudge car.
                          09’ CTS-V family car making over 700whp with ease.
                          79’ f350 427 ls7 swapped with th400. Prerunner setup
                          64’ c30 dually. Slammed and turbo 5.3 with 4l80e

Comment

Yeah, I think it'll be spring time...have good tires by then hopefully...I think I have to add some more mechanical advance in and slow down the advance rate...the OE duraspark was set-up with 42* of mechanical advance and i couldn't get full advance even by 4000rpm...I welded the advance arm in the distributor to limit mechanical advance to 20* and used two light springs and full mechanical advance is all in by about 2700-2900rpm now...it's nasty in the mid-range but falls off a little by 4200-4500 which it didn't do before I recurved the distributor...so I think I may try putting the heavy spring back in and open up the advance slot on the arm to allow around 26* mechanical advance...I have 10* base timing for a total of 30* right now...and it'll ping bad if I don't run premium or bump base timing up at all(with only 9.2:1 c/r). Everybody I talk to thinks my combo should have more total timing than 30*, some say 34-38* and I'm inclined to believe so.

I think I may just buy another distributor and do what I want with that one, then see if I can find a dyno locally and run one against the other....time and money is all it is...time I have...money is harder to come by! I may have to clean up and sell some of my bonus parts come tax time to try and build a little cash flow considering all my tax money will be claimed by the 5.0 ranger build...I won't do two projects at once ever again...lol.

-Don

Comment

Out of curiosity, what did you use for radiator and heating hoses? Also, you did the 3g swap for this engine, right? What belt(s) did you use? Sorry for all of the questions, but I may be doing the same swap and would like to get my ducks lined up. Thanks

Packman

Comment

I'm using a '90 or '91 towncar radiator/shroud and the shroud mounted overflow tank was gone when I found the shroud in the j-yard...I made a call to mustangs un'ltd. and am running a fox body overflow tank...very minimal modification to work....using matching upper and lower hoses for lincoln radiator and heater hoses are just bulk heater hose...although I did have a piece with a 90* bend in it and I used that to go from the fitting on the intake to the heater core. I already have the 3g swapped in, if using the small case 3g alt, it will require some grinding on the alt/ps bracket...if using the large case 3g, no grinding required...depends on what alternator you have now...3g swap with stock crank pulley is a 50" belt...with my UD crank pulley, I have a 49" belt on right now but may go longer and ad an idler pulley to get more belt wrap on the alternator.

-Don

Almost forgot...when using the lincoln radiator, don't forget to pull both the upper AND lower radiator mounts for that model lincoln at the j-yard...they are very different and I don't know of any aftermarket supplier for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X