Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattDoscher View Post
    mercurygm88,
    Is your car still doing good since you replaced those 2 vacuum hoses? No problems?
    No problems at all since I replaced those lines. I didnt replace the one from the purge solenoid to the evap canister it was a pita to get to. So I just did from the plenum to the purge solenoid, and the one from the plenum to the map. I also replaced the line from the smog pump to the cruise servo.
    2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

Nice. I'm going to look at replacing those particular vacuum hoses on my '91 when I go home next month to see if that cures my situation. Thanks.

Comment

I just replaced my map vacuum line on the '85 per mercurygm88's success. It does run smoother!

It's worth mentioning that I first used 1/4" inside diameter fuel hose because the barbs on the intake and map sensor looked 1/4". It didn't run that well at freeway speeds though and had a power loss. So I went back and switched to 5/16" fuel hose. (the stock vacuum hose actually looks in between the two sizes) After the 5/16 hose it runs brilliantly. You definetly need some clamps on the ends of the hose because it just swims over the barbs for the map sensor and intake. I also routed a slightly shorter run of hose from the intake to the map sensor the second time around. Yeah it really does run better! Thanks mercurygm88!

Comment

good idea 1990ltd!

They really should become more mainstream. We had one at the dealership I worked at, and for new cars, we used it 90% on emissions lines (you know, the evap plumbing that goes from the fuel tank to the intake, with a pump and a purge valve and maybe a charcoal canister along the way).
          But on old cars, my car(s), my friends' cars, vacuum lines are an issue, and it's not just ones that look obviously cracked. Worked on a cfi mercedes, and man, that thing had a dozen little leaks I'd have never found.
          I love the device, 1990ltd! Sure is a lot cheaper than the $900 the pro version costs!

Comment

Working...
          X