I have cured the lopo miss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have cured the lopo miss

Yeah thats right after nearly nine months of throwing parts at this thing and practically replacing everything other than the engine itself it is cured. I have started 3 threads in the past outlining my issues with a miss between 65-75mph that was incurable. Today I finally got around to replacing the map sensor vacuum line and the one going to the purge solenoid, the only two that I hadn't already replaced, and guess what no more miss. I have driven about 60 miles since then at speeds of 65-75 and have yet to feel it miss. Heres the previous threads I had started for reference

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...iss&highlight=

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...iss&highlight=

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...sor&highlight=

Note: all three of these threads pertain to the issue that I have now solved and thank god it was really starting to drive me crazy.
    2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

CONGRATULATIONS! Nice job keeping at it and fixing the problem! I know your happy to finally have that issue resolved.

Comment

Yes it is a relief now the only issue left to contend with is rust.
      2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

Comment

Nice job! By the way, what are the sizes of the lines you mentioned? Inside or outside diameters??? Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Nice find! I know this wont help now, but may come in handy in future.............
          This is where a smoke machine comes in handy! Could have found that leak in a few minutes. I don't know how many shops in the States have these machines, but its sometimes hard to find one in the UK. I have actually made my own! Although hindsight is a good thing!

Well done on the cure though.
          Do these management systems display short term and long term fuel trims through live data? Is it too early?

Andy.
          www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

The line I had was 5/16" I.D. and about a 1/2" O.D.

Comment

Is that the spec for BOTH lines??

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

Comment

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
                Is that the spec for BOTH lines??
                Thats what I used doesn't mean its what the factory used but it works. The best part was it didn't cost me a dime to do it. I went to the local oreilly's and my buddy who works there went in the back and there was 25' of the stuff in the scrap bin and he just gave it to me, he said someone came in and said they needed 25' of 5/16" I.D. hose and he went and cut it and brought it out and they were like oh no thats too small.

Comment

Thank goodness for folks that can't measure - SCORE!!!

Comment

Vacuum line gets sold by the inside diameter. Outside diameter is whatever it happens to be.

Andy, smoke machines until recently have been the domain of new car dealerships and emmsiions specialty repair shops. Seems they've only been trickling into regular shops over the past few years.

Alex.

Comment

I've said it before, before getting overly crazy replacing parts, do a tuneup and replace all of the vacuum lines. It fixes more problems than you might believe. Probably costs less in vacuum line than it would to pay a shop to hook up their smoke machine to it.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I had an oodle of vacuum line left so I went back through and did the line from the smog pump to the cruise servo at least I didn't have to pull the plenum for that one, I've got about 3 feet left stuck away in the trunk for any future project requiring such things.

Comment

Smoke machines are relatively easy to make if you've got the goods.

sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

I thought I recognized the smell of the smoke. It smelled like my toy train's smoke. WOO WOO!

Comment

mercurygm88,
                              Is your car still doing good since you replaced those 2 vacuum hoses? No problems?

Comment

Working...
                              X