PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Black Box-bodies still for sale! $500 each!

Default Black Box-bodies still for sale! $500 each!

Just that. See sig for old for-sale threads from 6 months ago. Only real catches are that neither car can/should be put into regular service as-is, and that you'll have to arrange transportation. Take your pick, just $500 each! Better yet, buy both and use the best parts from each. Price doesn't work for you? Send your best offer. Transportation a problem? There's a train/bus depot 7 miles away and a U-haul office 3-4 miles away that will rent you a flatbed and 10' truck. Various extras can/will be included with each car - I won't be needing them, and you probably will.

'87 P72: Runs and drives, roller engine, aluminium driveshaft, various updates, rust issues, NOT emissions-legal, for show/project or parts ONLY. Factory carb car, so don't ask about SEFI parts.

'81 "tudor": Roller engine, has lifter tick, NO tranny currently installed, hole in p/s framerail, cracked windshield, e-brake locked, NOT emissions legal, also for show/project or parts ONLY. Also factory carb car (duh).

Please do not post or PM me thinking either of the above can/should be driven any distance as-is, or that either will pass any sort of government inspection as-is, or that either will make a good commuter for a non-gearhead without doing some work first.

Please do not ask me to part the cars here; if I had time for that I might not be selling. Please do not post or PM asking me to sell you a bumper assembly in the context of this thread. This thread isn't to sell parts, it's to sell CARS.

Please also do not post or PM me asking me to send a text message; all preliminary communication can be done just fine here on GMN.

Vic looks worse than old pics; "tudor" looks about the same.

Ideal scenarios for both cars involve frame-off restos and updated drivelines, and for the P72, replacing fenders, rockers, and partial quarters, and patching the floorpan.
    Last edited by 1987cp; 07-15-2012 at 12:16 AM.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Click below to buy my cool '81 LTD:

Where in Michigan are you located? I am in North Carolina and it seems that somewhere around central MI is about 13 hours/760 miles from me. I am very much interested in both if they are still for sale. I believe a towing company would cost hundreds if not a couple thousands of dollars to haul them both. Or, do you know of a good company?

-Blane

Does the flatbed mean they will put it on a train? I missed that, sorry. I'm sure that would be cheaper.
    85' Crown Vic 2dr. 351 swap. Bent Cowl Induction. HIDs-replaced with silverstars. 8.1@85mph in 1/8th on drag radials. Ex-Daily driver. Weekend warrior, tuner terrorizer. 521/toploader in progress
    97' Civic Ex 2dr. Bone stock. Daily Driver. 44mpg-woot
    86' C20 Suburban. mild 350. Slammed Static. Tow Vehicle.

Sorry, this is all I have any specifics about: http://www.uhaul.com/Reservations/Eq....aspx?model=AT

I know P72Ford and others know a bit about transport by a real car hauling company, and the random factiod that it's possible to have a car transported here from Hawaii for about $2000.

Location is the Lansing, MI area, about 90 miles from Detroit and maybe 180 miles from Gary, IN.

I'm trying to arrange for a roll back and trailer, that way all it would take is gas and time. Hopefully I will know in next few days, if you haven't sold them by then.

-Blane
    85' Crown Vic 2dr. 351 swap. Bent Cowl Induction. HIDs-replaced with silverstars. 8.1@85mph in 1/8th on drag radials. Ex-Daily driver. Weekend warrior, tuner terrorizer. 521/toploader in progress

Excellent!

In the original for-sale threads, I think I included lists of stuff I'd like to include with each car. Any idea what of that you'll want and be able to move?

Sorry it has been so long since I have replied. I was going to get a trailer and try to come get them, but I have been yet to find a trailer that wouldn't cost just as much as shipping them. This really sucks, because I wanted both of them with all the parts because I would finish mine with a pro-street setup and restore your tudor and keep the 4dr as a driver. Unfortunately it doesn't seem very possible. If you can find anyone though that ships a little cheaper, I will continue looking too. I just can't afford the $1500 shipping cost right now.

-Blane

Is 87 gone yet? If not I'm interested. I'm in Ohio so transportation really shouldn't be problem.

Nope, they're both still here, taking up my space. :p

85ltd, still waiting on the name of that one shipper ....

Ok well if 85ltd didn't take take both them I'll be happy to save one of these whales

^^^ Send you a PM.

BTW, to clarify my comment in the first post, the concept in mentioning the train and U-Haul is that someone could conceivably come out here by Amtrak and rent a truck and trailer at U-Haul, thereby providing transportation for the buyer, the car, and for whatever extras the 10' truck can hold.

:bump:

No hurry here, folks ... just a few thousand pounds of dead weight taking up several oodles of space I might be able to use for, I don't know, storing other stuff ... work space ... or maybe, just maybe, indoor parking for the cars we actually drive? LOL

Okay ... let me ask this another way ....

Forget purchase price for a moment. Is there ANYONE on here who wants one of these cars AND has the means to get them home?

I want some grape drink baby, mmmm it's purple

What's your exact location?

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
    Big plans

Where's the torque? torquelover's Avatar

So I pulled the tow bar out of storage, and took a good look at the class 3 hitch on the T&C today for some reason. Now I see this. Isn't that something? The car is old enough this year to actually qualify for antique plates, hence, no emissions test I am told. Wife is thinking about putting it in the back yard until I have the time and money to get into it. Wonder how the yuppies behind us will like that...
    Last edited by torquelover; 10-21-2012 at 10:43 PM.

"The finder of unobtainium and other magical items" zoomie's Avatar

i have the means to put one, but not to get one...yet
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Quote Originally Posted by 1980c10 View Post
    What's your exact location?

Quote Originally Posted by torquelover View Post
    So I pulled the tow bar out of storage, and took a good look at the class 3 hitch on the T&C today for some reason. Now I see this. Isn't that something? The car is old enough this year to actually qualify for antique plates, hence, no emissions test I am told. Wife is thinking about putting it in the back yard until I have the time and money to get into it. Wonder how the yuppies behind us will like that...
    Hm......

And yes, EPA.gov does (did recently?) specify that antique/classic plated cars aren't required to be emissions-compliant since they're not to be used as regular transportation. Haven't bothered to see what the Lake County and Porter County registration goons say about it. I'd actually thought of putting an antique plate on the '81 should I have the need to keep it (and wouldn't be taking it to church or to the grocery store).

Quote Originally Posted by zoomie View Post
    i have the means to put one, but not to get one...yet
    Well, get with it already! Do like Rizzo and put your beer money in a safe, or something .... LOL

Reminds me, Turbo Dave had been keen on getting my white wagon as of last winter ... haven't heard from him in a few months .....
    Last edited by 1987cp; 10-23-2012 at 07:53 AM.

I want some grape drink baby, mmmm it's purple

I think your to far lol. It would cost me about $200 in fuel just to go up and back. Damnit lol. I want another panther to play with.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
    Big plans

So? Send me an offer that works with your budget, even if it's 50 cents. Worst I can do is say no, I'm scrapping it instead!
    Last edited by 1987cp; 10-23-2012 at 09:52 AM.

t65neon5

Quote Originally Posted by 1987cp View Post
    So? Send me an offer that works with your budget, even if it's 50 cents. Worst I can do is say no, I'm scrapping it instead!
    ....ewwww....dont scrap them.....if it comes to that ill find a way to come get em(and pay for em)

Isn't the front bumper of the p72 mint?? Let me know if you decide to part it out... I'd also be interested in the wheels as well.
    Last edited by Brown_Muscle; 10-29-2012 at 12:23 PM.
    -Phil

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. 351w, GT40 Heads, Edelbrock 1906 Carb, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Baumann Shift kit.
    +1975 Maverick- Fuel injected 302, Trickflow 170 heads, XE270 cam, explorer intakes, 24# injectors, custom tune. T5 transmission, 3.55 Yukon Trac-Lok rear.
    +1989 Mercury Colony Park "Large Marge" Lopo 302. 3.55L K-Code Tow package, Baumann Shift Kit, Big brake swap, rear discs, HO intake/TB, custom exhaust.

I'd be interested in the rear bumper of the p72 as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast