Help with differential.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with differential.

Hey guys hope your having a great weekend I unfortunately am not. I was replacing my clutches in my diff as well as the side and spider gears. Now I checked a transmission place and they gave me the wrong parts it was for a 31 spline unit. Then I went to the dealer and they gave me the parts but the side gears when in fine but the spider gears wouldn't fit with the shims. Upon closer examination the gears that came out look very close to what the dealer gave me but there are some differences so I was wondering is any one has pictures and the parts. Ill try to take a picture of the parts I have once I find a camera. If any one can help with my little issue that would be great. Car is 1989 Grand Marquis LS 8.8 Ring and 3.08 Posi. Thanks.

why are you replacing the side gears? They shouldn't really be bad...

Comment

Well I used to do a few burnout and I burnt the hell out of the clutches and gears are all scratched.

Comment

so you did peg leg burnouts with a limited slip differential? If yes, then your side gears are most likely toast. If no, then I wouldn't worry about the gears, and just replace the clutches.

Comment

I always though it was a open cause it would 90% of the time it would spin 1 wheel. So yea gears are crap.

Comment

Working...
          X