X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will These wheels fit

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ARE-1055765/
    Thinking of putting these on my 88 MGM but don't know if they will work

These should fit pretty well: with a -6mm. offset, you'll be at about the same centerline. Unless it's a typo, I'have some concern with a 3.365 inch (!) center bore. That's big! If the wheels don't center snugly on the hub or axle ends, the only thing that keeps the wheel spinning concentrically with the hub/axle would be the taper on the lugnuts. Centering rings are available to choke down the size of the center hole, but they ain't cheap. Has anybody successfully used a wheel that didn't center on the hub/axle?
    If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough...

Comment

Originally posted by GoFordBroke View Post
      These should fit pretty well: with a -6mm. offset, you'll be at about the same centerline. Unless it's a typo, I'have some concern with a 3.365 inch (!) center bore. That's big! If the wheels don't center snugly on the hub or axle ends, the only thing that keeps the wheel spinning concentrically with the hub/axle would be the taper on the lugnuts. Centering rings are available to choke down the size of the center hole, but they ain't cheap. Has anybody successfully used a wheel that didn't center on the hub/axle?
      Yes. They work fine. Our cars don't take.hubcentric wheels.
      1989 Grand Marquis LS
      flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

All the wheels I have used center hard on the hub/axle stub at both ends.. including the steelies currently installed. They center so hard they have to be shaken a bit to remove 'em...

Comment

Has anybody successfully used a wheel that didn't center on the hub/axle?
          Every aftermarket wheel I have ever had/have has a huge center bore, and no, I don't use any rings.

Alex.

Comment

No balancing issues? I have never really tried a wheel that didn't center. When I ran '06 17's I had hub and wheel centric spacers made, 'cause I never considered doing otherwise. Hmmm... They weren't cheap, either.

Comment

The aftermarket '03 Cobra wheels that I originally got for the CV had a smaller center bore. I ended up returning them for that reason. If I can't find decent 2nd gen Lightning wheels for my Ranger, I will probably end up getting the '03 Cobra wheels for the truck.

BTW; does American Racing make anything wider than 15x7? Unless you're not after the big and smalls look.

Packman

Comment

Wheels center on the hub or the lug nuts. If you have acorn lug nuts they center on them. It doesn't matter about the center.
                89 CV LX 225/60 x 16 tires, CC819 rear springs, Front & rear sway bar, trans & PS cooler from 90 cop car. KYB shocks, F-150 on rear. Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe. Dark brown door panels, carpet, steering wheel, trim parts from a 87 Mer GM. Power front buckets from 96 Jeep Cherokee. LED'S front & rear. 3G Alt from a 97 Taurus wagon 3.0. Electric fan. Rear axle from a 97 PI 3.27 with disk brakes. Headlight relays.

Comment

Working...
                X