I needed that...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I needed that...

It was great to be around automotive-ly like minded individuals and cars again this weekend... I wish I could have gotten Monday off and had been able to hang out for the rest of Sunday instead of cutting it short. I didn't get home till midnight anyway... traffic was a crawl for an hour on 81.
    I'm glad I had the chance to meet new folks and to see regulars again and try to remember names. Sorry Jason I kept forgetting yours even as I was saying goodbyes... and that I woke the beast too early Sunday trying to wrangle junkyard early birds, lol. At least I got Dave to run to Harry's? with me and scored some good stuff before everyone else woke up.
    It's tragic Skip (the owner of the location) had a bad accident on the first day... I sure hope they are able to perform the surgery to fix his bones... it sounds terrible and I wish him the best.
    I also wish we all lived close enough to do this more like once a month than once a year! GMN might be big enough for big state meets one day... one day...
    This weekend got me back motivated to do more box stuff, especially since I have a good H pipe to install in the p72 thanks to Jim, and cruising in the 91 again reminded me about the fact that its in the best shape of all three... (aside from the exterior...). It deserved some TLC too.
    Until next year...!!
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

you left your h pipe here man

remind me to bring it to donalds trial in a few weeks

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

skippys surgery went ok yesterday although he can feel the pins and screws ......1/3 of his pelvis was crushed

bella was found today, she is home and safe now!

got one participant left and for him we are just waiting on a tune, changing the egr pipe now.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

It was good to see you again Pete! Maybe our LED talks might get your gears turning and we'll see more projects as well!

sigpic
        - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
          It was great to be around automotive-ly like minded individuals and cars again this weekend... I wish I could have gotten Monday off and had been able to hang out for the rest of Sunday instead of cutting it short. I didn't get home till midnight anyway... traffic was a crawl for an hour on 81.
          I'm glad I had the chance to meet new folks and to see regulars again and try to remember names. Sorry Jason I kept forgetting yours even as I was saying goodbyes... and that I woke the beast too early Sunday trying to wrangle junkyard early birds, lol. At least I got Dave to run to Harry's? with me and scored some good stuff before everyone else woke up.
          It's tragic Skip (the owner of the location) had a bad accident on the first day... I sure hope they are able to perform the surgery to fix his bones... it sounds terrible and I wish him the best.
          I also wish we all lived close enough to do this more like once a month than once a year! GMN might be big enough for big state meets one day... one day...
          This weekend got me back motivated to do more box stuff, especially since I have a good H pipe to install in the p72 thanks to Jim, and cruising in the 91 again reminded me about the fact that its in the best shape of all three... (aside from the exterior...). It deserved some TLC too.
          Until next year...!!
          Looks hilarious from all of the pictures.

How about some Richmond area meets? There's 3 or 4 of us?
          Dave- collector of the old, slow, and free
          86 F250 SD. RC,LWB, 300/6, NP 435, 4.10lsd Sterling- 96k miles. Sanford & Son status
          87 GMCP. Blue/blue cloth. Low option. Beat and bruised. Trans makes werewolf sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
            ......1/3 of his pelvis was crushed

Jeeez!

Pete
            Originally posted by gadget73
            For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
            1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
            1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
              you left your h pipe here man, remind me to bring it to donalds trial in a few weeks
              Don't scare me like that! I haven't unloaded the trunk yet so I had to go double check, lol. I do have an H-pipe in my trunk still, I'm pretty sure its the one Jim sold me!

I did leave behind a '90 TC fan shroud/coolant tank though - if Jim didn't take it you can have it. It just needs a little epoxy on a crack at the bottom near the tab that slips into the shroud.
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Yes sure was fun. Always a pleasure to meet the old mangs and the new ones. I will always be down for early morning jy runs.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave804 View Post
                  How about some Richmond area meets? There's 3 or 4 of us?
                  Yes! We should hit those wonderful junkyards you have there.
                  sigpic

Comment

i wounder where that h pipe came from then?

i'm up for a richmond junkyard meet once i get my ass fixed

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                      Yes! We should hit those wonderful junkyards you have there.
                      If you do it close enough, you'll attract Maryland guys as well.

sigpic
                      - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Hmm..Virginia=Rust belt?

I am down for traveling for new fenders.
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I'm in guys. I don't have room to take us all in, or I'd be glad to. I'm about 5mins from Chesterfield auto and 10mins from Circle Auto.

David- we could get pictures of whatever you'd like. Especially here in richmond we don't have much snow. When we do they use some pitiful chemicals too. So usually the only things rusted are imports with bad paint or the wheel wells/cab corners of redneck trucks. I'm pretty sure my wagon may have never been washed and was kept outside, and she's pretty clean underneath.

You near a greyhound station? We could stick fenders on the bottom of a bus for you if need be.
                          86 F250 SD. RC,LWB, 300/6, NP 435, 4.10lsd Sterling- 96k miles. Sanford & Son status
                          87 GMCP. Blue/blue cloth. Low option. Beat and bruised. Trans makes werewolf sounds.

Comment

i hate going down to richmond 95 between dc and richmond sucks ass

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

95 always sucks. side roads my friend. 301.

Comment

Working...
                              X