PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Exhaust Options

I post a lot... knucklehead0202's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
    So I'm almost to the point of redoing the exhaust on my '90. With one of the Dynomax Impala tailpipes discontinued, there seemed to be no options for 2.5" tailpipes any longer.

I was able to find that Pypes offers a cat back system with no mufflers that includes an x-pipe and tailpipes for 1994-1996 Impalas. The x-pipe is stainless, the tails are aluminized. Beggars can't be choosers.

I got it off eBay from Jegs. It's a little pricy, but I'll try to recoup some of the cost be reselling the x-pipe separately.

I'll post pictures of the completed system once it's installed.
    Cool what mufflers are you gonna put on it?

Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar

So I'm almost to the point of redoing the exhaust on my '90. With one of the Dynomax Impala tailpipes discontinued, there seemed to be no options for 2.5" tailpipes any longer.

I was able to find that Pypes offers a cat back system with no mufflers that includes an x-pipe and tailpipes for 1994-1996 Impalas. The x-pipe is stainless, the tails are aluminized. Beggars can't be choosers.

I got it off eBay from Jegs. It's a little pricy, but I'll try to recoup some of the cost be reselling the x-pipe separately.

I'll post pictures of the completed system once it's installed.
    Giraffe; I know this is a bit late; wish I saw this much earlier. Heartthrob exhaust systems still offer catbacks for the 1994-1996 Impalas. Unfortunately you would have to purchase the whole catback. That's what I did when I did the 1st dual conversion on my CV. I still have 1/2 of the mid-pipes from that exhaust system. Their tailpipes had smooth bends.

351W & F.A.S.T equipped

I remember when I did the exhaust on my 2-door, I had a hard time sourcing one side impala SS 2.5” tailpipe, but I got it...that was like 5yrs ago...almost as long ago as my last post!

Quote Originally Posted by packman View Post
    Giraffe; I know this is a bit late; wish I saw this much earlier. Heartthrob exhaust systems still offer catbacks for the 1994-1996 Impalas. Unfortunately you would have to purchase the whole catback. That's what I did when I did the 1st dual conversion on my CV. I still have 1/2 of the mid-pipes from that exhaust system. Their tailpipes had smooth bends.
    No big deal. The Pypes system cost about the same. I should be able to recoup some cost by reselling the x-pipe. I hope so, at least.
    —John

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019)
    1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
    1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

No big deal. The Pypes system cost about the same. I should be able to recoup some cost by reselling the x-pipe. I hope so, at least.
    The tails fit nicely and all under the car?

The walker pipes I picked up years ago for the impy ss were kind just the over axles. Had to extend to bumper from there. If these fit well for you I may pick up a complete tail like you did in the future.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    The tails fit nicely and all under the car?

The walker pipes I picked up years ago for the impy ss were kind just the over axles. Had to extend to bumper from there. If these fit well for you I may pick up a complete tail like you did in the future.
    Don't know yet. Haven't had them installed yet. Might not get to it for a while since I'm focusing my attention and funds on the '66 right now.
    —John

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019)
    1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
    1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456