'01 F-150 supercrew (the screw)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'01 F-150 supercrew (the screw)

Well, I finally did it. I traded off my impreza. The new ride is a 2001 F-150 supercrew xlt. 2wd, 4.6, 4r70w, 3.55 trac lok, all power everything except the seats. It even has power pedals.

It has a few problems. The right exhaust manifold is leaking out of the front cylinder. Its been wrecked and busted the right front wheel, so it has a steel wheel on it at the moment, also in the wreck the left front door and left mirror got smashed up and broke. Other than that its pretty damn good I think.

Plans for it, full tune up, oil change fuel filter, new serpentine belt. Im going to put a set of headers on it and have a new exhaust made, and find a cold air intake I like. Im on the hunt for a door, I can get a door skin at work for $350 so I may do that. The only problem with finding a used door is it has to be from a supercrew, they have an extra body line at the bottom extended cabs and regular cabs dont have. Also I plan on at least doing a 2'' rear drop to level the truck, but I am really considering a 4/6 drop. I have also been hunting craigslist everyday for a set of 20's or 22's I like.

I plan on doing some light towing so later in life some 3.73's or 4.10's will be in order. Also I am thinking about a valve body in the near future, it seems like the 2-3 shift happens really quick, like as soon and it shifts into 2nd not long after its shifting into 3rd. The rest of the gears seem to be evenly spaced in their shifting. Any thoughts on this? Would like a silverfoxx valve body fix this or a programmer?

Anyways on to the pics, dont have many right now. This is the night I brought it home.

The damaged door

Thats it for now. Ill keep you updated. I must say it feels good to be back in a ford.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
    Big plans

Was the Impreza that bad?
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Just turned out to not be my style. I just wasnt happy in it.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
      Big plans

Comment

4.6 exhaust manifolds love to crap out. Nice truck..I'd just replace the door instead of fixing it probably
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

thats an electronic trans. programming is probably the way to sort out shift scheduling issues.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

that door dont look too bad, you can prob pull it out and skim it

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

The door is really bad in person. It's beyond repair. It's probably just going to get a new skin put on it. I can have the old skin cut off and the new one on in about an hour, vs. how ever long it would take to mud it out probably 6 or so hours.

Any suggestions on a good programmer that can tweak the shift points?

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
              Big plans

Comment

Nice truck! Is this going to be a DD or another project? You could probably use it to tow the Mustang to the track; depending on how wild you go with that car.

Packman

Comment

This is going to be my daily driver.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                  Big plans

Comment

Nice tenth gen. A lot of people don't care for the styling too much, but I really don't mind it. Aside from the obvious body defects, it looks pretty good overall.

Gotta love Ford Trucks.

sigpic
                    - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

any programmer that is compatible with your truck should work. The SCT 3015 (no canned tunes) or 3000 (includes canned tunes) should work like a champ. From what I've been seeing on-line though... Diablosport in-tune (looks like a smartphone) seems to do very well too. They all seem to hover just under $400.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                      X