Local NE OH CL finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
    Winter Beater Rotten '89 CV Waggin' $800, Canton OH https://akroncanton.craigslist.org/c...571607192.html Hey sly, no woodgrain!
    I’d start to get worried about the frame on that one.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Rust... even more rust than my trailer... so.. no.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
        Wow, that is rotten. Sad to think I saw two boxes in the yard just this past weekend in much better shape.
        That thing even scares me, and you've seen my car.
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Your cars are practically mint compared to that one haha. Its not often I see a panther so badly rotten like that one.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

That car would be great for a movie/tv show being filmed - set in late 90s/early 2000s. In the salt belt.

Otherwise - that looks like its ready for Pull A Part.
            -Nick M.
            Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
            03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

That rotten wagon would not be worthy of being a demo derby. Hit that thing and it might just crumble to the ground.

Comment

'86 Colony Park, "needs a few minor things" $2k https://akroncanton.craigslist.org/c...599958292.html
                Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

And Marauder swaybar set. Dunno if they're any fatter than the CV/GM stuff, don't know if he's throwing in the newer looking rear end links for the $250. https://akroncanton.craigslist.org/p...599786290.html
                  Last edited by sxcpotatoes; 06-03-2018, 03:19 PM.
                  Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Hey hey, few gems, first up '90 CV Police car probably 139k not the 39k claimed, they say NO RUST and it looks pretty clean. Needs a transmission, $1500 Newark/Columbus, OH area https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/...627973929.html

'86 Ford CS Woody Wagon (with air deflector). Says "some rust" and it's in Cleveland, but from the blurry pictures it doesn't look too bad on the outside (who knows about under it/frame) $2500 https://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto...629284043.html

And this Tutone Black & Tan '87 TC again in Akron, I forget what it was listed for before, but guy is trying to dump before insurance renews on July 10th (or so he says), Needs TLC $1500 https://akroncanton.craigslist.org/c...618362785.html

Comment

Is that CS actually a decent price?
                      '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
                      formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

tried to go look at the town car but could never get the guy on the phone
                        I'm not completely oblivious to reality, I just choose to reject it when it doesn't line up with my opinions. (thanx Thain!)

Comment

Originally posted by a_d_a_m View Post
                          Is that CS actually a decent price?
                          Based on the blurry photos (they're newer-ish plates like he's flipping it), and depending on how much actual rust it has (and how much to repair) $2500 obo seems like a decent price to me. I understand the police slick top probably has the 351 and could be rarer, but wagons are going to be unobtainium shortly, especially since the derby guys have been having their wicked way with them for nigh upon 25 years. It has the air deflector (about your only option to get one of those right now is STEAL ONE), and wasn't '86 the first year of EFI? Or am I wrong and it's '87? Maybe it doesn't have the rear seats, maybe it's got a mouse urine-soaked interior, but if it's running, driving, and not torn to shit, I can see that '86 being worth right about $2k all day. Remember, you can load full sheets of drywall or plywood in the back (I don't know the weight limit or height you can stack them off the top of my head). What kind of Truck/SUV can you buy today with the dependability of our cars and a locking cargo area, for $2k?
                          Last edited by sxcpotatoes; 07-07-2018, 12:11 PM.

Comment

86 is the first year for SEFI.
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

86 was first year for SEFI,wasn't it also the year with the "special" heater hose tube?
                              I'm not completely oblivious to reality, I just choose to reject it when it doesn't line up with my opinions. (thanx Thain!)

Comment

Yes. One year only panther heater hose tube under the plenum. The fox mustang tubes are very similar. They have a coolant port positioned differently for the egr spacer.

Other little bits about 86 cars... NO TV bushing, and the coil is located on the passengers side fender liner.
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X